Who will win the Golden Ball at the UEFA European Championships 2012?

Who will win the Golden Ball at the UEFA European Championships 2012?

• Petr Čech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom? Rosick?

• Andrei Arshavin

• Luka Modrić

• Nikica Jelavić

• Giorgio Chiellini

• Xavi Hern?ndez

• Thomas M?ller

• Wesley Sneijder

• Arjen Robben

• Nani

• Ashley Young

• Franck Rib?ry

• Yann M'Vila

• Sebastian Larsson

• Zlatan Ibrahimović

• Other (Please state in the thread.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PZW

Reaction score
Basically, who do you think will win the Golden Ball (Player of the Tournament) Award at Euro 2012? I have included quite a few players in the poll, although if your option is not in there, please post in the thread. If you like, post with a reason why you have picked your player, anyway!

I personally think it will be Mesut Özil, in a tournament that Germany will win (and dominate). He will be vital for the Germans if they are to do well in the tournament, and I am sure he will do well. He never seems to fail to impress, at the 2010 World Cup, at Real Madrid, etc. He's a terrific player!

- PZW

Last edited:
Basically, who do you think will win the Golden Ball (Player of the Tournament) Award at Euro 2012? I have included quite a few players in the poll, although if your option is not in there, please post in the thread. If you like, post with a reason why you have picked your player, anyway!

I personally think it will be Mesut Özil, in a tournament that Germany will win (and dominate). He will be vital for the Germans if they are to do well in the tournament, and I am sure he will do well. He never seems to fail to impress, at the 2010 World Cup, at Real Madrid, etc. He's a terrific player!

- PZW

there is no poll

i voted for robert lewandowski but he won't win it as he is not playing for a big team only big teams get awards

Buffon, he'll remind the world he's the best keeper in the last 10 years and show his leadership skills.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my vote scored today

Agree with OP, think it will be Ozil for all the reasons you just said.

Already voted for Buffon cos I think if fit he can keep Italy organized and stable at back. BUT I think if France get through to latter stages and maybe win this will be Ribery's tournament.

Already voted for Buffon cos I think if fit he can keep Italy organized and stable at back. BUT I think if France get through to latter stages and maybe win this will be Ribery's tournament.

robert lewandowski i voted but he won't get it as it will be hard to get out the group hay ho he scored today for me and he is gr8

o'zil hardly even finished any games last year

Interesting way of viewing it. How about we flip that and say that former ballon d or winner kaka could only manage to get on the pitch for 10 minutes so dominant were youngster ozil's performances.

true but kaka was injured at the start and o'zil doesn't finish a game then ......also germany have the hardest group netherlands,germany,denmark and portugal not easy as portugal now the lowest ranked team in that group with RONALDO

Interesting way of viewing it. How about we flip that and say that former ballon d or winner kaka could only manage to get on the pitch for 10 minutes so dominant were youngster ozil's performances.
Yeah, I agree completely, Mesut Ozil has been fantastic at Real Madrid since he signed, and has kept some big names out of the team! He's been a great coup for them!

true but kaka was injured at the start and o'zil doesn't finish a game then ......also germany have the hardest group netherlands,germany,denmark and portugal not easy as portugal now the lowest ranked team in that group with RONALDO
Kaka has been injured often for the last few season, meaning he is more injury prone than Ozil; and is nowhere near as good as he used to be, anyway. The point is, Ozil is now years ahead of Kaka in terms of form and fitness; and arguably better in terms of ability too. However, I do agree that Kaka on his day is still a fantastic player!

Oh, and Germany look to be doing well in that group, I always tipped them to win it. I'm surprised with Holland, though, I know they have a weak defence and a sometimes unsettled squad, but I didn't think they'd do this bad! The tournament's been quite good so far, with a few upsets and good games!

​- PZW

I think I may be wrong; Mesut Ozil has not been magnificent so far at the Euros, just good (by his standards, anyway). Perhaps a surprise shout for the Golden Boot would be Steven Gerrard? He's had a fantastic start this time round, and really looks the player he was 4-5 years ago!

​- PZW