Who will win UEFA EURO 2012?

Who will win UEFA EURO 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which team do you think will come out on top and win the UEFA EURO 2012 Trophy?

While Spain is always a contender, I just love watching Germany play lately (last world cup included), their 3-0 thrashing of Netherlands was impressive, and so is the fact that many German players seem to play better for their national team than for their clubs (Klose and Podolski recent examples). I think this is the year when Germany's high speed attacking teamplay will finally beat the slow tempo-ed Spain.

Got to be Germany. Their players are good, their manager is good, but most important they have a fluent and impressive system.

Clearly England...

Tipping the Germans this summer.

Germany to lose on penalties. heh.

Going to put a fiver on France I think. Somehow they've gone under-the-radar and their side looks full of quality.

Going for England because I'm a patriotic ****.

gogo Ireland!
probably Germany or Spain

I'm going with England because of a crazy season, I'm also being overly patriotic.

In all seriousness I'll stay away from the favourites and take a gamble on Croatia/Poland. Special mentions to the French and Italy. So really I have no idea.

I really think the Germans will manage it this time round, unfortunately. Mario Gomez will get his revenge.

12 months ago it didn't look like Spain can be even touched by anyone, but they've been slowly falling apart since then. The injuries and burning out of Barca-core has taken its toll. To tell you the truth i was looking forward to see them defending the title just to have something to tell my children about. Nevertheless they will be a strong contender.

My money is on Germany, its not just the players, its the system they've worked on and refined for over 8 years now. France has fantastic squad as well. I'll also never dismiss Italy, they may not be as impressive on paper, but as long as Buffon is in goal, anything can happen. That guy is a freaking wall even in well into his 30s. Unless he gets injured again then they're screwed.

edit: also, yeah, Poland has propably the best squad in a generation and they play at home. I seriously doubt they'll win, but i wouldn't be surprised if they knock out some of the high profile sides in the play-offs.

Last edited:
I voted Ireland because we can look at Greece in 2004. Big Underdogs can come out on top.

But realistically Germany will win. By far the best Squad/set up/manager

I chose Germany in the 2008, and also in WC 2010, and I'll chose them again for 2012. :)

Better players, and also coming the right age too. Manager has been fantastic all this time too. 2008 was just a slap on the face with seeing the new rising Spain, and I was distraught after that final :(.

Hoping to see France and England now pick up ranks after the disaster of 2010, and also maybe Ireland being the dark horse team in the competition.

Germany, will be proudly wearing my Mesut Ozil Germany jersey every match. :)

You may all think I am talking **** but I picked Greece to win 2004, my mate who is Cypriat asked me and I said Greece about a week before the tournament, he thought I was having him on and bullshitting him!

Semi Final #1:

France vs Germany

Semi Final #2:

Russia vs Italy

Winners:

France

Spain I think this time are not going to perform as well as they would like! England (who I support) might get into the Semi's but will get through the group and most likely be knocked out by Russia/Italy

Russia are my dark horses this year like Greece were back in 04! Due to their relatively easier group I think they could upset quite a few teams!

The French players are all having a good season, Benzema, Nasri (only near the end yes) Ribery, Lloris, Evra etc! I think they have put WC 2010 behind them and want to start winning tournaments again!

That is all

Final

Has everyone forgot where the Netherlands sit in the world. I would love to see England win but the squad doesnt excite me like it used to. Theres no urgency to progress and England may even struggle to qualify. France will win the first game and put England in a difficult and demotivated mood. If they cant beat France then its time to come home as there are bigger teams than the both of them. Netherlands or Germany will win Euro 2012

Germany or The Netherlands. I hope the Dutch do it.

on paper there are only 2 serious contenders and as Spain only managed 2nd in La Liga this year, you have to go with die deutschen

Poland have an incredible squad with one of the best right backs in the world and some amzing players such as kuba, lewandovski and szczesny. But my money is on germany winning and outplaying every game exceppt in the final when they play buetifull football and just dont score and lose because of a fluke/lucky goal or penalties.