• Daniel Bentley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robby McCrorie

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs here but,

View attachment 324468

I'm playing in English League 1. The state of the club is as follows: I joined half way through the 16/17 season, when the team was expected mid-table finish but was in the relegation zone. Finished that season in 5th, lost in the playoff final. This season, another mid-table finish expectation, currently on a good run (something like 6-2-0) and sitting in 6th near the end of Nov.

The first guy, Daniel Bentley, I inherited when I took over. He's 24, with a 4 star potential (currently 3.5 stars), according to a staff with 16 PA judgement.

The second guy, Robby McCrorie, I signed on free transfer at the end of last season. He's 19, with a 4 gold star + black star potential (currently 3 stars) according to the same staff member.

So far this season, they've been playing about equally as well (which, by the way is not too impressive).

Now, if you were me, who would you play? I've been splitting games maybe 60:40 in favor of Bentley, but McCrorie has been improving at an impressive rate and is still only 19. Not sure how unhappy they'll be with a prolonged period of splitting games, especially Bentley. So I'm thinking I should pick one and go with him, both for morale and development purposes, and let the other guy go eventually. I'm leaning towards keeping McCrorie (younger, lower value).

How would you split time currently? Who would you keep long-term? If you'd go about this in a wholly different way, I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
McCrorie seems like the better keeper in the long term, his mental attributes already seem better. I'd probably play Bentley as a first choice in the first season, he's the older first team member after all. I'd play McCrorie every now and then, easier league games, cups etc. If he does well, I's make him first choice next year and keep Bentley as backup or sell him if he's not happy). Playing goalkeepers evenly doesn't seem like a good idea, there is little stability in the defence then..

Yea I was thinking how that might be an issue in real life, but does it actually matter in FM?