Who's your favourite player and why?

• Thread starter Thread starter San Adam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3K

San Adam

Reaction score
So I was just wondering who is your guys favourite player!They don't have to still be playing,You can post 2 or 3 But 1 thing please no stupid insults about players people mention! My favourite players of all time are David Beckham and Iker Casillas because they are such model professional's and they are extremely passionate about the game!

I don't have a favourite player, but I have a favourite group of players [Call me bias if you wish] ;

The Plymouth Argyle Squad of 2010-2011.

zomg! but why?! they got relegated too league 2!!! they ****!!! But I'm not picking them because of their on-the-field performance. I'm picking them as they are true model professionals. They have gone 7 months without a full pay-packet. Yet regardless of that, despite struggling too put food on the table, they fought on for Plymouth Argyle- And the fans. They put in their best week in, week out despite knowing the club might not be around the following Monday. And even though they weren't payed, they still put every ounce of fight and passion in for the club, more than any other player I've seen do before at Home Park. And then when offered the chance to have a full wage packet... They opened up their soul, and said "No, let the unpayed staff have it".

How many other squads would go 7 months without pay? Donate their wages too unpayed staff? Still carry on despite knowing they can legally walk out? Keep putting in the performances of their lives? ... Because I doubt Man City or Chelsea's squad wouldn't.

True legends :wub:

They are really passionate about the game and are model professionals and they deserve credit for that rightly so!

The player I enjoy watching the most is Lionel Messi because the things he can do with a football are just incredible. Also pretty much every game teams target him and just constantly foul him and he justgets on with it and I completely admire him for that

In terms of Sheff U it has to be Stephen Quinn as he was the only one who showed passion and commitment every time he walked onto the pitch. He too is targeted by opposing teams as he can be a bit of a hot head at times and is liable to a sending off or two

Last edited:
Yeah i think that a player with average ability and lots of passion is better than a player with good ability and no passion

Zola, he was chelsea's Messi of his time. He was an amazing player and professional, absolute Chelsea legend.
My favourite player for England would be Alan shearer, another model professional and England/Newcastle legend.

Chicharito, I mean, cool name haha, Podolski & Schweinsteiger, I need to see their number first to know which is Podolski and which is Schweinsteiger

I had the exact same idea for a thread yesterday but was to bored to start one..
Anyway mine will always be Paolo Maldini - the way he could guide the defense and cover for any mistakes was fantastic.
Respect for ronaldinho who was absolutely unstoppable in his prime at barcelona (ronaldinho>messi), and for Zidane because he was the best

Zola, he was chelsea's Messi of his time. He was an amazing player and professional, absolute Chelsea legend.
My favourite player for England would be Alan shearer, another model professional and England/Newcastle legend.

Ive only seen clips of Zola and he lookeed awesome

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Chicharito, I mean, cool name haha, Podolski & Schweinsteiger, I need to see their number first to know which is Podolski and which is Schweinsteiger
I think Schweinsteiger is amazing hes just so versatile he can do all midfield duties

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I had the exact same idea for a thread yesterday but was to bored to start one..
Anyway mine will always be Paolo Maldini - the way he could guide the defense and cover for any mistakes was fantastic.
Respect for ronaldinho who was absolutely unstoppable in his prime at barcelona (ronaldinho>messi), and for Zidane because he was the best

I think Maldini showed how good a player he was by the fact he played at such a high standard in both domestic and continental competitions for such a long time as for Zidane well.....pfff what can i say but awesome

Gianfranco Zola without a dout, the man was an absolute genius and could to anything with a football. Besides him it would have to be John Terry and Frank Lampard, both have just been loyal and helped made this club one of the best in the world the last 8 odd years. True legends.

Pavel Nedved, loved his long distance goals. In my opinion one of the best midfielders of all time, an amazing player.

Zola without a shadow of a doubt, nobody comes near him in my eyes, such a good player, but also a really nice guy and true professional.

Ronaldinho no doubt about that
he just play football different then anyone ever has

Zola seems to be a favourite i wish i could have seen him in a match rather than clips of his best moments as that makes most players look good

The King and Stevie G. Both are just absolute Liverpool legends, love the club as much as most of the fans, and both were unbelievable footballers. Gerrard is still quality.

The King and Stevie G. Both are just absolute Liverpool legends, love the club as much as most of the fans, and both were unbelievable footballers. Gerrard is still quality.
I feel the same way about Real Madrid man and i look at Beckham and still think hes quality and that it was a huge mistake to let him go but not many can match Iker Casillas's club status they are both in my eyes heroes

George Best
Eric Cantona
Bobby Charlton
Denis Law
Duncan Edwards

Rory Paterson
Mike Norton

I don't need to explain why.

Last edited:
David Beckham.

The last player I have seen that showed complete passion for his country on the football pitch. He not only took it upon himself to diverge from the tactics and perform the duties of other players, he carried the team and the nation on his back when we needed him the most against Greece. He gives so much to the game, even still, and remains an absolute professional on and off the pitch.

Tony Adams.

Leader of men and inspirational for club and country. I love his passion for the game and how he absolutely belted out the national anthem, they don't make players like him anymore, unfortunately.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Along with Beckham (and Sheringham), he contributed to my best ever footballing memories, and will always be a United legend. I hope he comes back one day. Had a fantastic attitude too.

Off all time-

There is 2 for me, You cant beat a bit of Keane, The man made todays MIdfield players look average, His Detrmination, His fight, He would drag us through so much, If there was a footballer i would take to war with me, it was him.

Edwin Van Der Sar-- A truly great goal keeper, the rightful heir to the great danes throne many years before we signed him, Proved his class that at 39 he was still so important for us.

Recent times-- Ronaldo, The man has it all, he has the swagger and the ability to back it up.

Currently- Vidic, the man is a tank, He is fearless, he will put his body on the line, he is controlling, He is our captain and a cult hero.

David Beckham.

The last player I have seen that showed complete passion for his country on the football pitch. He not only took it upon himself to diverge from the tactics and perform the duties of other players, he carried the team and the nation on his back when we needed him the most against Greece. He gives so much to the game, even still, and remains an absolute professional on and off the pitch.

Tony Adams.

Leader of men and inspirational for club and country. I love his passion for the game and how he absolutely belted out the national anthem, they don't make players like him anymore, unfortunately.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Along with Beckham (and Sheringham), he contributed to my best ever footballing memories, and will always be a United legend. I hope he comes back one day. Had a fantastic attitude too.

I couldnt agree more with you there mate the passion they showed for their country was outstanding and Beckham takes up at least 75% of my football memories and he is my idol and i cant speak hoghly enough of him

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Off all time-

There is 2 for me, You cant beat a bit of Keane, The man made todays MIdfield players look average, His Detrmination, His fight, He would drag us through so much, If there was a footballer i would take to war with me, it was him.

Edwin Van Der Sar-- A truly great goal keeper, the rightful heir to the great danes throne many years before we signed him, Proved his class that at 39 he was still so important for us.

Recent times-- Ronaldo, The man has it all, he has the swagger and the ability to back it up.

Currently- Vidic, the man is a tank, He is fearless, he will put his body on the line, he is controlling, He is our captain and a cult hero.

What i loved about Keane is that he thought the Irish team were not being treated as they should have which was true and he spoke out against that which shows how dedicated he was to his team mates! He is probably along with Robbie one of the greatest players to come from this little island!

Back