Who's your favourite player and why?

• Thread starter Thread starter San Adam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 3K
Stuart Campbell-

1000% every game, leads by example and his goal against Lincoln :wub:

Rickie Lambert

Scored for fun, scored impossible goals, sent us to the FA Cup 1/4 finals and scored against City!

Zola & Zidane :)
They were amazing players..cant explain why they are my favorites..no words..Lol

Zola & Zidane :)
They were amazing players..cant explain why they are my favorites..no words..Lol

They seem to have that effect on people!lol

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Stuart Campbell-

1000% every game, leads by example and his goal against Lincoln :wub:

Rickie Lambert

Scored for fun, scored impossible goals, sent us to the FA Cup 1/4 finals and scored against City!

He should be in the prem but he's staying loyal to the Saints

Ronaldo, the original one. A heck of a player in his prime

My two favourite players for Wigan have to be Emmerson Boyce and Maynor Figueroa, but Boyce the most. A few games after Bale had ripped Inter Milans RB, Maicon, to shreds, it only took 1 man to keep Bale quiet at the 1 - 0 win there and that was Boycey! Not just that, he's a solid defender and has a shedload of experience and his quiet outlook on life is just influential.. So chilled. Oh yeah, and his website has been voted the best on FourFourTwo, beating Messi and other greats XD

All time, Cantona. For me, the greatest striker to grace OT and probably the Premiership (in my living memory). Always watch that goal when he chipped the Sunderland keeper from the edge of the box and just stood there and looked around, what a god!! Au Revoir!

Ronaldo, the original one. A heck of a player in his prime
He was amazing to watch and showed you dont have to be thin to be a pro soccer player

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

My two favourite players for Wigan have to be Emmerson Boyce and Maynor Figueroa, but Boyce the most. A few games after Bale had ripped Inter Milans RB, Maicon, to shreds, it only took 1 man to keep Bale quiet at the 1 - 0 win there and that was Boycey! Not just that, he's a solid defender and has a shedload of experience and his quiet outlook on life is just influential.. So chilled. Oh yeah, and his website has been voted the best on FourFourTwo, beating Messi and other greats XD

All time, Cantona. For me, the greatest striker to grace OT and probably the Premiership (in my living memory). Always watch that goal when he chipped the Sunderland keeper from the edge of the box and just stood there and looked around, what a god!! Au Revoir!
Yeah Boyce is underrated by many , Cantona was a great player in his prime

Henrik Larsson and Erik "Panzer" Hagen. Hagen was such a terrific defender - he thanked the ref for a yellow card as he hadn't been booked for 10 games or so and didn't feel he was doing his job right.

Vidic - I have never seen a player who loves playing football as much as him, he loves defending and is absoultely fantastic at it, his drive for the game and his passion is phenomenal!

Cantona - Cult hero, a bit of a mad man but technically gifted and a perfectly all rounded player!

Beckham - I have never seen anyone pass a ball like him, especially in Scholes' exhibition match vs Juventus recently! Still playing great football at 35/36 and should still be playing International footie in my opinion!

Peter Schmeichel - The best keeper of all time! enough said

Fabian Barthez - complete nutter but pulled off some of the greatest saves I have seen! just loved him!

Baggio - crazy hair but a great player to watch, pure class!

Del Piero - Still playing great footie, scored magical goals and a great leader/professional

Drogba - yes yes I know, I cannot lie, he is the perfect striker, I have always admired him (except for his little outburst)

Ronaldo, Cristiano - was/is a pure legend! I said to my gran when I watched him play against United for Sporting when we lost in a pre-season game 3-1, he is going to be one of the best footballers we have ever see!

Rivaldo - in his prime he was unstoppable, loved watching him play! genius!

Thierry Henry - one of my favourite strikers (even though he played in my most hated team) he is silky smooth pure awesomeness!!

honourable mentions:

Marc Overmars, Jaap Stam, Patrick Kluivert, Buffon, Eto'o, Roy Keane, Patrick Viera (Arsenal) Robert Pires, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen (Liverpool)

Luis Saha .Reason: One of the greatest talents imo. Too bad he's injury prone :(. And yea, he was unstoppable on PES06 and 08 :wub:
Giggs. Reason: Giggs.
Ronaldo: Reason: Perfect striker.

My fravorite player of all time would be Eric Cantona despite only being young when he was playing. The guy was lethal on the pitch, scored goals for fun. Was lethal towards fans as well lol. Great player, great servant to Manchester United, great film. The King of Old Trafford.

Vidic - I have never seen a player who loves playing football as much as him, he loves defending and is absoultely fantastic at it, his drive for the game and his passion is phenomenal!

Cantona - Cult hero, a bit of a mad man but technically gifted and a perfectly all rounded player!

Beckham - I have never seen anyone pass a ball like him, especially in Scholes' exhibition match vs Juventus recently! Still playing great football at 35/36 and should still be playing International footie in my opinion!

Peter Schmeichel - The best keeper of all time! enough said

Fabian Barthez - complete nutter but pulled off some of the greatest saves I have seen! just loved him!

Baggio - crazy hair but a great player to watch, pure class!

Del Piero - Still playing great footie, scored magical goals and a great leader/professional

Drogba - yes yes I know, I cannot lie, he is the perfect striker, I have always admired him (except for his little outburst)

Ronaldo, Cristiano - was/is a pure legend! I said to my gran when I watched him play against United for Sporting when we lost in a pre-season game 3-1, he is going to be one of the best footballers we have ever see!

Rivaldo - in his prime he was unstoppable, loved watching him play! genius!

Thierry Henry - one of my favourite strikers (even though he played in my most hated team) he is silky smooth pure awesomeness!!

honourable mentions:

Marc Overmars, Jaap Stam, Patrick Kluivert, Buffon, Eto'o, Roy Keane, Patrick Viera (Arsenal) Robert Pires, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen (Liverpool)
Very deserving list

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Luis Saha .Reason: One of the greatest talents imo. Too bad he's injury prone :(. And yea, he was unstoppable on PES06 and 08 :wub:
Giggs. Reason: Giggs.
Ronaldo: Reason: Perfect striker.

I honestly think Saha was epic but many people dont share that view!

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

My fravorite player of all time would be Eric Cantona despite only being young when he was playing. The guy was lethal on the pitch, scored goals for fun. Was lethal towards fans as well lol. Great player, great servant to Manchester United, great film. The King of Old Trafford.
I didnt see him much either but what i did see he was great

i was in that film!!!

Luis Nazario De Lima Ronaldo - that man caused the fact, that I love footbal today. I don't have to tell you all about him, because every football fan on the planet knows him well. He is in my opinion the best footballer of all time.

Xavi- His passing ability is just incredible for me.

Peter Masilela- Just low watching him play & hope he moves to one of the bigger European teams soon.

VDS- need I say more.

Luis Nazario De Lima Ronaldo - that man caused the fact, that I love footbal today. I don't have to tell you all about him, because every football fan on the planet knows him well. He is in my opinion the best footballer of all time.

He changed the way many look at football

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Xavi- His passing ability is just incredible for me.

Peter Masilela- Just low watching him play & hope he moves to one of the bigger European teams soon.

VDS- need I say more.

I totally agree about Xavi probably up there with the greatest passers ever and im a madrid fan

Thierry Henry :wub:
369 games, 226 goals, 92 assists. 'Nuff said.

leo messi-simply in the top 2 for the godly dribbler,either him or george best
george best-simply in the top 2 for the godly dribbler,either him or messi,would walk into any team atm...his balance is second to none...he is determined just like messi,even on the mud pitch and heavy ball he still can dribble 3-4 player at 1 time...just amazing...would like to see what will he do in this generation when he is in his prime ^^he does not dive =='..man this guy must be in the top 5 greatest player to ever grace in football

Lucas Leiva, he's drawn much criticism to his performances for Liverpool in recent years, but I think he is an essential part of the team. I take inspiration from him as he continuously proves his doubters wrong and I can see him being a mainstay in the side for years to come.

Back