Wht are new players I haven't signed appearing in my first team squad

Groucho67

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm in season 4 of a game with Real Madrid and have started to notice players who I have not signed appearing in my first team squad.
I have checked all the team settings to stop assistants signing players or offering contracts etc and have not been on holiday.

However, ever time I have a pre-season game and go back to the squad menu a new player has appeared. It wouldn't be so bad if they were good players, but these are the unsigned guys with awful stats who don't have a team.

To make it worse, they are arriving with 5-year contracts at 76,000 a week, so I can't even release them. What's bizzare is if I search for these players they can be signed for 2,000 a week anyway.

Is this a bug? Anyone know why this has happened? I ran a game with Boca to season 4 earlier and didn't experience this...

thanks in advance for your help.

Im not sure mate.I remember being at Inter once in FM 07 and the chairman wasn't happy that i hadn't signed enough players so went out and bought them himself.I think thats what happens when your at big continental clubs.I didnt like it though and resigned.

That sounds like either grey 'fake players' which appear if you have lots of injuries or a tiny squad, you dont pay them but have the option to sign them which makes them 'real' or its regens which are players which come into your youth team every pre-season.

However neither should be ok 76k a week or have such long deals

do you have any screenshots

you could be right there Woody I sacked a load of second-raters in the B and C teams earlier - maybe I got rid of too many
thanks

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

<table align="center" bordercolor="#000000" width="90%"><tbody> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td>Spain</td> <td>Uncapped</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td>19.12.1987</td> <td>23 years old</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td>5'10"</td> <td>10 st 12 lbs</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td>£210,000</td> <td>Right</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td>£76,000 per week</td> <td>30.6.2016</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#eeeeee"> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<center>
Here are the stats for the playable (not grey) and totally useless Fran Piera :( one of 5 of these awaful specimens the game has shoved on my roster
</center>

76 grand a week for a player rated at 210,000.Thats not right.

Hmmm he's a real player. Can you give us a screenshot of his history as well please.

Ive just had a look at my game which is in season 2 and that player is at Villarreal.Are you sure you havent bought him?

Last edited:
All it says is he was 'free'.
As you can see there is no record of him being bought in the transfers section.
I actually went back to an older save hoping to avoid this problem and the same guy and one other 'Sergio' have just been signed again.
I'm scratching my head trying to work this one out
As you can see I have already cheated a few weeks earlier by creating new managers for Chelsea and Man Utd to offload Agueros and Damian who were also on 72-76 grand a week and were equally useless

Last edited:
Does someone else have access to your game?

Lord no :) I am a nervous wreck when I play FM2009....I don't even allow my family in the same room ;)

Ok this is crazy - I just reloaded the game because these phantom players are not only getting on my nerves but eating away at my wage budget and this time I got five signed by the club without me doing anything.

Seriously, has no one ever encountered anything like this before?
Is there a setting I need to turn off or something?
I'm puzzled and it's ruining the enjoyment of the game for me.

Have you instaled a data update?

Is this transfer a future transfer if you start a new game?

Ok this is crazy - I just reloaded the game because these phantom players are not only getting on my nerves but eating away at my wage budget and this time I got five signed by the club without me doing anything.

Seriously, has no one ever encountered anything like this before?
Is there a setting I need to turn off or something?
I'm puzzled and it's ruining the enjoyment of the game for me.

Personally it just sounds like your brother/a friend is going onto your game and signing players to annoy you.

Hi Gregor, no unofficial data updates - only the patch.

The transfers seem to come from nowhere and it's now four years into the game so I don't think these are pre-arranged transfers (such as the one to sign Huntelaar 6 months in). In fact, they are not even on the transfer history so they're almost like phantom transfers. It would appear that the board are buying up all the unsigned players they can find.

Maybe its because I'm about 1million a week under budget on wages and they the game is balancing this out automatically by filling the wage deficit?

I'm just surprised noone else has had this problem.

When I played as Liverpool and Boca I didn't get this, so maybe it's something unique to Real Madrid?

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Personally it just sounds like your brother/a friend is going onto your game and signing players to annoy you.

Honestly Sean this isn't the case. My kids are away at the moment and unlss my wife is looking for clothes and shoes to buy she doesn't go near a computer. There's no one else in the house.

The save games are 40mb or I would happily upload one to see if anyone else gets this problem.

Ahh well, maybe it's time to start a new game :(

Sounds like you've turned the "unreal player" stuff on... Don't know but... Maybe :p

Hi Gregor, no unofficial data updates - only the patch.

The transfers seem to come from nowhere and it's now four years into the game so I don't think these are pre-arranged transfers (such as the one to sign Huntelaar 6 months in). In fact, they are not even on the transfer history so they're almost like phantom transfers. It would appear that the board are buying up all the unsigned players they can find.

Maybe its because I'm about 1million a week under budget on wages and they the game is balancing this out automatically by filling the wage deficit?

I'm just surprised noone else has had this problem.

When I played as Liverpool and Boca I didn't get this, so maybe it's something unique to Real Madrid?

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Honestly Sean this isn't the case. My kids are away at the moment and unlss my wife is looking for clothes and shoes to buy she doesn't go near a computer. There's no one else in the house.

The save games are 40mb or I would happily upload one to see if anyone else gets this problem.

Ahh well, maybe it's time to start a new game :(

Reallt strange, id def post this on the offical Si messgeboards bug forum