Why AI goalkeepers are CHEATED in FM2009 ???

mafi

Reaction score
My goalkeeper has better attributes than opposite team goalkeepers and almost everytime their GK performs much better than mine making UNREAL saves each game?

AI keepers do not cheat. They use exactly the same rules as your keeper.

yeh they dont "cheat" as such but i have noticed that the AI keepers tend to perform at a level that their attributes don't really equal

That's more to do with AI team talks than anything else.

Yeah, they don't cheat, but sure it's hard to tell some times, specially when one's still somewhat new to the game.

Same circumstances, AI striker with poor finishing, dribling, composure, bravery and decision against your high reflexes, one on ones, bravery, handling and position goalkeeper: 85% goals. Your striker with high finishing, dribbling, composure, bravery and decisions against AI goalkeeper with poor reflexes, one on ones, bravery, positioning: 15% goals.

Then if you take out the perception bias it's still a notable advantage for the AI.

If that seems to have decreased to me is because I've been improved since it looked like that with fm05 and my defense is more solid, which leads to less situations of that kind for the AI so that difference is covered by the rarity of it.

Then in this game my team won to ManU, my goalkeeper was the one making all those crazy saves, with helps restore better the trust in the game fairness.

i get what you're saying. but in my opinion it's quite realistic. i mean in fm my goalkeeper makes mistakes, but reflecting a whole season he did quite good. in real life goalkeepers make mistakes all the time even those who would have good 'stats'. and in fm it sometimes the goalkeeper might look like he's preoforming ppor but that might be because the 3D view is not as good as 'real life'

i can see where you are coming from. I was Man Utd against Bristol city in the League cup. 41 shot- 28 on target and it finished 0-0. Won on pens but Basso was like a man possesed. Its just one of those things. There's always a hero in a cup match. Hit the post 4 or 5 times as well just to make things worse.

yeah but that's the game right? I can't really see a problem. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not...

It can get quite frustrating, so this makes me switch my tactics better and make a better defense/midfield. My theory is, as long as the ball is within my players legs, the opponent wont have a chance to score.:D

Yh at the end of the day any goalkeeper COULD perform better than the other, your goalkeeper probably sometimes is not in the mood.

Too many people defending the game here , almost every game i play the man of the match is the opposition keeper. There are certain teams i dread playing not because of their outfield talent but because they actually have a spider monkey keeper. I dont want to hear your tt and f stuff , i know statistically that i need to create more clear cut chances to score then my opposition does. Has anyone noticed that when the opposing team puts your side under pressure for more than 5 - 10 minutes they WILL score, yet your side can be hammering the oposing goal for 30 mins plus and perhaps not score. Phew i feel better now.

I'm sorry, but it is a matter of tactics.

I did perceive the same as you. Think the same as you. Get annoyed the same as you. Thought "tactics? Sssuuuure" the same as you. But it is a matter of tactics. Once you get a jump in your understanding on the game, maybe not the next or the second after that, to a certain level of understanding and tweaking of your tactics you'll find that much of what frustrated you will disappear, or you'll get to sometimes inflict it to the computer. Not long ago I had a game against ManU where ManU got 60% possession, 25 shots at goal, 17 of which were on target, 5 clear cut chances, streaks of 20 mins attacking my side, while my team had only 8 shots on target, 4 on target 2 clear cut chances and yet I won 2-0. I think that's the one I posted the screenshot in the rustration thread. Also another not as exaggerated in which the AI manager complained of the unfairness of losing the match.

There's still a few times when I go duh, the throw ins when near the end of the pitch, players all running away from the ball, or starting to dart for goal forgetting the ball behind, forwards constantly letting the defenders catch up to them when they had gone past behind... But now it's almost rare to be fired up for that ******* goalkeeper even the one from the worst team will become superman when I play against them why in the **** my goalkeeper is far better than theirs and he's left anything past anything! I tell you and his **** just stops anything includeing supersonic missiles this is **** **** you fm.

Happening all the time in ym Real game, won 5 games in a row 1-0 but in each game the opposition kepper has played a 7.5 or higher and made amazing saves during the game, I know that it is possible for keepers to have a blinder but 5 games running is abit stupid is so infuriating.
Just finished another game 1-0 in Spanish cup against a nobody team had 17 shots on target 7 clear cut chances(falling to Ruud and Ronaldo so not bad finishers) and keepers playes a 8.5 even though his reflexes are 9 handling 10 and one on ones 11 grrrrr