Why am I getting screwed over almost EVERY game?

RVC7

Reaction score
I'm managing FC United and I've took them to the Championship, last season I lost in the playoffs final and was hoping to push for automatic promotion this year but instead I'm in the relegation zone after 2 wins in 10 because of absolute bullsh*t constantly.

1st game of season was a 0-0 draw with Sheff Wed which was deserved tbh, no complaints.

2nd game of season, 1-1 draw, I had 2 CCC's they had 0, more possession, more shots, shots on target.

View attachment 349295

3rd game of season, 0-2 loss to Walsall, I bossed possession and had a ton more shots and shots on target with 4 half chances to their 1 and they managed to win 2-0.

View attachment 349290

4th game of season, complete BS as I have 5 CCC's to their 0, edge possession, 6x as many shots on target and draw 1-1 with Villa

View attachment 349287

5th game of season was a 3-1 win over Notts Forest, I had more CCC's posession shots etc

6th game of season was a 1-0 loss to Sunderland in an even game, could have gone either way and I don't really have many compaints about it. Could have been a win for me but I never finish my CCC's ever.

View attachment 349285

7th game of season was a 3-1 loss to Peterborough, I bossed possession and shots and they had 3-2 edge on CCC's, half chances I had SIX to their 0.

View attachment 349283

8th game of season was a 2-1 win over Ipswich, I had 5 CCC's and they 1 and I bossed possession but the game was still stupidly close and I scored a late winner.

9th game of season was a 4-2 loss to Swansea, we both had 2 CCC's and 2 half chances and I won on possession but lost 4-2, wtf?

View attachment 349281

10th game of season was one of the worst, I had more possession, 5 CCC's to their 2's, I had 27 shots to their 11 and lost 1-0.

Why am I unable to score any CCC's what the ****

My strikers' finishing is 17, 16 and 15 it's not like they suck at finishing.

CCC's are not just about finishing. Derisions & composure factor in how good their ability to score in one-on-one situations.

Half-Chances are not worth mentioning, they're a meaningless stat in my opinion as they show nothing of value as to how well/poorly you're playing.

How is your squad's moral? I've found that my players lack belief and miss chances they'd usually score if they have low moral.

CCC's are not just about finishing. Derisions & composure factor in how good their ability to score in one-on-one situations.

Half-Chances are not worth mentioning, they're a meaningless stat in my opinion as they show nothing of value as to how well/poorly you're playing.

How is your squad's moral? I've found that my players lack belief and miss chances they'd usually score if they have low moral.

It's been average, I've held a team meeting etc but we're just dominating and losing which kills morale

How are the matches going?

Do you have a lot of side-to-side passes or are you actually making penetrating passes?
I used to favor possession based tactics but the longer I stuck with them to more I started to notice that possession dose not mean you're on top.

It may help to adjust your tactic to be more aggressive instead of maintaining possession. You'll see your players turn over the ball more but something clearly isn't working now. SI said that the the opposition will slowly learn how you play, I've always interpreted this as the opposition learns your trends, not your tactic.

If you play to keep possession, they will just back off, play narrow while holding a steady line without pressing the ball. And look to hit you on the counter while your line is transition from the attack phase to the defensive phase.

Look at the match again but fromt he oppositions point of view. Instead of asking how to break them down, ask how to set yourself up like them. I learned a long time ago that you can't beat any system that you don't already understand.

Don't know if anyone's noticed or feel the same, but sometimes it feels like the way the AI "learns to deal with your tactics" shows up in the match engine as all defenders getting 20 for Tackling. They just suddenly get exceptionally competent in the art of tackling, while their positioning and overall play does not change from the previous time you played them. Or every keeper in the league decides to have a good day when playing your team (I've played 5-in-a-row MotM keepers). Then you lose.

"Learning".

Last edited:
Your striker can be 1v1 but on the byline and your stats will show it as a CCC. It isnt always as clear cut as the stats make it out. Your tactic is at fault though...

who are the CCC falling to? Look at long shots. Are your team taking a lot? whats the shots on target rate for your strikers? Did you tweak your tactic to accommodate for your rise in reputation? (meaning teams are more likely to sit back and counter you)

Your biggest issue is you're leaking a lot of goals. You need to figure out why and fix the issue. Is a player in your squad turning over possession a lot with miss placed passes? Why aren't your defenders doing their job? Are they missing tackles or headers? Is the midfield not getting back to support them?

You can look at the stats for each player after every game, this will tell you everything you need to know.

Don't just look at CCCs. There's also half-chances.

Also, were those CCCs actual CCCs? ****, I've seen half-chances that were better than some CCCs. The CCC stat can be very misleading.

One way would be to go back to that match and view the quality of the chances regardless of what it was called.