Why am I in Confederations cup?

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently took the England job and I got a message saying which group I'm in for the confederations cup. England are not current reigning champions of Europe/World cup, and I'm not hosting the next world cup. Any idea why?

did they finish second in europe, and the team that won it also won the world cup???

No, checked history of England, and the best place England have come in Euro's is 1968, and even that was 3rd place.

Well to be in the competition you have to have won your continental trophy (European in this case), World Cup or to be World Cup hosts.

Off topic but is the confederations cus held every 2 or 4 years?

where did england finish in the 2010 world cup?? and the last euro??

the only thing i can think of is if, England finished behind teams that qualified for the confederations cup in two ways. IE through either winning their continental comp or the world cup. Meaning that the space would be filled by England.

Look at the Euro/WC history tab and look we're England finished. Maybe they got into the Finals in 2010

I taught that some years a team gets invited to play

Not sure how to answer that lol, its nothing I've edited/downloaded if thats what you mean.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

I taught that some years a team gets invited to play

Could be that then, seems most likely.