Why are British strikers so **** clinical?

maccya

Reaction score
Everytime I play a team like Blackburn, Hull, Southampton etc. I lose. Their strikers are ridiculously prolific no matter how badly I ask my team to tackle him or close him down. They just seem to score freely and embarrass my defence that are by no means slow.

I'm talking about strikers like Danny Ings, Shane Long, Jordan 'Satan' Rhodes, Charlie Austin, Cauley Woodrow, Andy Carroll (yes, the donkey himself) etc. They just seem to turn up against me and blow up my defence even when they are on poor morale or a goal drought. The worst thing is that they never ever ever miss a chance, it will always go in and it happens on every single save. I'm almost wanting to buy all of them and leave them to rot in the reserves so I don't have to deal with this **** anymore. Why are they so overpowered?????
I can almost never progress in the cups because of them.

How do I deal with them and has anyone else experienced the same problem.?

To me, it's obvious here that your system has a major defensive flaw in it if so many strikers can all exploit it. Shane Long is a known God in this years game and Andy Carroll is very strong with a good left foot: clinical if given the chance.

Though to be fair, I've no idea who you're playing as or who your CB pairing is. How good your Goalkeeper in or what kind of defensive strategy you've employed. Bit more information would be helpful.

To me, it's obvious here that your system has a major defensive flaw in it if so many strikers can all exploit it. Shane Long is a known God in this years game and Andy Carroll is very strong with a good left foot: clinical if given the chance.

Though to be fair, I've no idea who you're playing as or who your CB pairing is. How good your Goalkeeper in or what kind of defensive strategy you've employed. Bit more information would be helpful.
New goalie is needed for sure. Currently my team is built mainly of regens. My CB are adequate for a Premier League Team, decent for a Championship Side. I have a lot of injuries, a lot of my star player are out for 3-7 months, essentially the whole season.
I really want to dominate the teams I play. I can see what you mean by defensive flaw. None of my strikers really get and I'm aware a lot of instructions may contradict each other but I cannot get the players to do what I want them to do. I really want to play a high tempo 4-3-3 where the team attacks efficiently and scores lots and lots of goals. It's simple really but it's hard to implement in FM. I want my team to press and make efficient use of the ball. Quick and crisp passing leading a good accurate attempt on goal that will give my team the best chance of winning. If possible, I want my team to install fear in the opposition and be a threat to whomever they may play. That's why I've brought in Alex Trujillo, a class regen, still figuring out how to get the best out of him though, seems to play decently as a regista, I want him to control things in midfield. Just trying to figure out how to do so. I've got decent results with it but I keep leaking in goals

View attachment 689965View attachment 689968View attachment 689969View attachment 689970View attachment 689973View attachment 689976View attachment 689979View attachment 689981View attachment 689982View attachment 689983View attachment 689985View attachment 689986

I always manage West Ham and if Carroll is played correctly scores 20+ every season, but he misses a lot as well :) Probably your defense and not the English strikers...

Everytime I play a team like Blackburn, Hull, Southampton etc. I lose. Their strikers are ridiculously prolific no matter how badly I ask my team to tackle him or close him down. They just seem to score freely and embarrass my defence that are by no means slow.

I'm talking about strikers like Danny Ings, Shane Long, Jordan 'Satan' Rhodes, Charlie Austin, Cauley Woodrow, Andy Carroll (yes, the donkey himself) etc. They just seem to turn up against me and blow up my defence even when they are on poor morale or a goal drought. The worst thing is that they never ever ever miss a chance, it will always go in and it happens on every single save. I'm almost wanting to buy all of them and leave them to rot in the reserves so I don't have to deal with this **** anymore. Why are they so overpowered?????
I can almost never progress in the cups because of them.

How do I deal with them and has anyone else experienced the same problem.?

First off, what formation are you using, and what team are you using?

Second off, all of the guys you mentioned above either are excellent athletes (Carroll, Long, Ings, and Austin) or are of legitimate BPL talent (Rhodes). In a game that is about shooting a ball into the goal, the team who is the best at scoring wins. Now, I have always found that the best way to neutralize an opposing offense is to simply not let them have the ball. And contrary to common sense, the best way to do this is to attack them with such ferocity that they play on their back foot all game.