adan1907

Reaction score
I have some world class CM players on my Man Utd save (Koke, Thiago, Romero & a regen) who just don't seem to be having much involvement in any goals. I assume it is my tactics, but I can't pinpoint where. They have average scores of around 7.00 or just over, but no more than 4 goals or assists each over the course of the season - Koke was scoring a few more, getting 10+ assists and 10+ MoM when at Atletico two seasons ago. I'm becoming reluctant to buy amazing CM for fear of ruining them! Any tips on tactics to get the best from them?

View attachment 301510View attachment 301508

PS Richario Zivkovic is a beast in this save! 35 goals in 39 so far this season at only 21 years old

The reason they are not scoring is you Got defensive midfielders even set on defensive they Will not join in on the attacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason they are not scoring is you Got defensive midfielders even set on defensive they Will not join in on the attacks.

Yep will only defend at the moment, Put Koke on DLP - support and change team shape to fluid this will mean more players are involved in each stage of play. Therefore Koke will defend when opposition have the ball, pass and build up play when you get it back and eventually attack when the ball is further up the pitch

We have bingo! You set your midfielders on defensive role. If you set them to support role, they will join in the attack and bag some goals and/or assists.

Lucas Romero is one of the best midfielders in the world. He has won the World's Best Player twice and the World Golden Ball once under my stewardship and he's only 23 years old.

I play Romero as a box to box midfield and tell him to run at the defence and shoot more often yet even he only scores the odd goal a season for my Milan team. 1st season the squad scored 92 (he got 1) and 2nd season we have scored 44 as of late (with him only bagging 3).

We have bingo! You set your midfielders on defensive role. If you set them to support role, they will join in the attack and bag some goals and/or assists.

Lucas Romero is one of the best midfielders in the world. He has won the World's Best Player twice and the World Golden Ball once under my stewardship and he's only 23 years old.

What role do you use him in?