LukeGame

Reaction score
I am Ajax, I have won 3 domestic trebles in a row and champions league and euro super cup once, now into my 4th season.
I have improved my junior coaching and youth recruitment network a few times and am no longer able to do so. I have also improved the youth and 1st team training grounds till I can no longer do so.
My coaching staff for both youth and 1st team are very good, no one is below 4 stars in there training type and I have Dave Parnaby as head of youth development who is at world class reputation now.
However my regens are really quite poor! no one has more than 2 - 2 and a half star potential, my best batch was in 1st season where a few where 4 star but since then they have gone down hill.
Any ideas why they are so poor? plz:)

Just like in real life there's no guarantee all your investment into your youth system will pay off. Better luck next intake.

dont look blindly at star rating, it is made in contex to your team, so if you have a really good first team then its normal that your youth players have less stars, have a good look at what it says below the star rating to, sign every player from your youth intake discribed as potential to become a good eredivise player or leading eredivise player

there was also a bug that made the game show inaccurate star ratings/potential ability compared to league before you signed the players to youth contracts (I think this was on patch 3.2.0 and as far as I know it got fixed on 3.2.3)

I'm Ajax and got amazing regens for the first 2 seasons, and then ******** in the 3rd season. Better facilities just means you have a better chance of getting good ones.

I am Ajax, I have won 3 domestic trebles in a row and champions league and euro super cup once, now into my 4th season.
I have improved my junior coaching and youth recruitment network a few times and am no longer able to do so. I have also improved the youth and 1st team training grounds till I can no longer do so.
My coaching staff for both youth and 1st team are very good, no one is below 4 stars in there training type and I have Dave Parnaby as head of youth development who is at world class reputation now.
However my regens are really quite poor! no one has more than 2 - 2 and a half star potential, my best batch was in 1st season where a few where 4 star but since then they have gone down hill.
Any ideas why they are so poor? plz:)

I've gone around 9 seasons with Barca and not had a single youth player through my system with 160PA or more. I found that shocking but I just get on with it. Frustrating though.

How does one find good regens?? I haven't been into the FM scene for years now. AFAIK finding gems was way easier earlier. Now the scouts give you reports relative to your own squad. It's really hard to find wonder kids. I struggling keeping up with the big boys in the PL mainly because of this. They seem to find the very best of players, while I'm reliant on my one head scout. (20/20), but few or none wonder kids.

I'm playing the Classic version as well. That means that I don't have the faces or option to send out several people to different parts of the world. I know many people scout in certain countries around dates when regens get "born", but I'm reliant on my one and only scout who is "out and about" in the wrong regions..

I know many people scout in certain countries around dates when regens get "born" what countries are these and what dates plz? and thanks to all who replied i will take a better look at what they say about my regens not just the star ratings.

Get better/more youth staff too. I'm almost positive that it affects the regens.
I spent a couple of seasons investing in the staff, and since then there's been a lot more regens who start with at least one preferred move. Better regens with better personalities in general. Most of them have my best youth coaches, manager or assman listed as their Favored Personnel...

Last edited:
I'm Ajax and got amazing regens for the first 2 seasons, and then ******** in the 3rd season. Better facilities just means you have a better chance of getting good ones.

Remember that the reports are relative to your squad. If you've improved your side over the years good players will become ******** too.. Although Ajax should have a strong side and a good youth system.

Remember that the reports are relative to your squad. If you've improved your side over the years good players will become ******** too.. Although Ajax should have a strong side and a good youth system.

Nah, this year's were just ****. :p