peterbolam78

Reaction score
Dear fellow FM'ers

I have a problem, I am not sure if I am the only one.

but I can not stop making my wide players swap sides,

Every team, every tactic

no matter how well it's going I cannot leave the option to make them swap sides unselected

Hoping not to be the only one

Dear fellow FM'ers

I have a problem, I am not sure if I am the only one.

but I can not stop making my wide players swap sides,

Every team, every tactic

no matter how well it's going I cannot leave the option to make them swap sides unselected

Hoping not to be the only one

Even if the players are not set to swap wings its still happens?

no I select it, so it's not a bug or anything.

I just develop an irrational belief that what I really need is to switch my wide players to keep the opposition full backs on their toes, I am not even convinced it is actually doing anything

Oh i get you now i thought it may have been a bug or something, so this is something you do tactically but it doesn't seem to work? i play a 4-2-3-1 formation a lot and never have i told the players to swap wings and i get fair bit of success playing either both as inside forwards or just one of them.

I play a 4-2-3-1 I just wondered if anyone had seen any positive reasons to change their sides or am I just deluding myself and in actual fact over complicating things

I play a 4-2-3-1 I just wondered if anyone had seen any positive reasons to change their sides or am I just deluding myself and in actual fact over complicating things

The first thing I'd ask is, what's the stamina of your wide players? Unless it above 17, then you're going to tire them out and the more tired they are, the less effective they'll be. You could be inadvertently making yourself a less effective attacking unit by having them consistently switching sides since not only do they have to track their men up and down the touch line, you also have them switching sides and running cross field. It could also leave your exposed at full back as if you come across attacking fullbacks with good decisions, they could try exploit the lack of pressure while the switch is happening.

If it's not making you noticeably better, it's probably not worth it.

I can see why you would try these instructions because it sounds effective maybes try a few games without swapping them over? and see if ratings/results are better that way you might get your answer.

Cheers for the advice, I shall try to hold back my potentially suicidal tendency to swap them. Stamina is good enough to deal with the instruction but I will watch a few games in full match and check any of the problems we may encounter

If you re going to have players to swap positions make it be the front two or a cf with a player in the amc position.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I play just fine without my wide players swapping sides

Btw, when I tried to make swap then I didn't notice any positive effect