Why can't I approach to sign player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Like a glove!
Reaction score
Don't often create threads but this particular circumstance is wracking my brain.

Saido Berahino is just 6 months away from walking away from West Brom on a free, but I don't seem to have the option of offering him a contract without the need of a transfer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if it's something I'm blatantly and obviously missing, please don't hesitate to shoot me down <) many thanks.

It's because English clubs can't approach England based players until June, so you'd need to wait until then.

The Bosman rule literally just means that he can leave at the end of his contract; nothing about when he can be offered a new contract.

I'm going to look deeper into it since as far as I know, the 6 month rule is only for bids on foreign players (whichever European League you're in.)

It's because English clubs can't approach England based players until June, so you'd need to wait until then.

The Bosman rule literally just means that he can leave at the end of his contract; nothing about when he can be offered a new contract.

I'm going to look deeper into it since as far as I know, the 6 month rule is only for bids on foreign players (whichever European League you're in.)

Well I didn't know that. Seriously.

Thanks guys, case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.