Why can't I offer maximum salary even if I have the funds?

kostasq

Reaction score
End of 2013-2014 season I have a great team and I want to buy only a world class forward to be really competitive.
My team budget was 19MM
Unfortunately due to my chairman has only 10 in resources he offered me 19MM payroll budget and 10MM for transfers.Unfortunately with 10MM i couldn't buy world class forward. However Tevez contract was expiring. I changed my budget/transfer to all money to payroll. SO payroll 28 (18 used) and transfer amount 0. Tevez wanted 4MM peer year but I could offer only up to 2,9MM whatever I did. Why this happens?I managed to agree terms with many bonuses etc but then galatasaray signed him with 6mm per year. I find it VERY frustrating that I couldn't offer him even 10MM as this was my remaining budget. Why this happens??

Its because you are not allowed to spend the remaning budget on one single player

Its because you are not allowed to spend the remaning budget on one single player

Thanks for the interest thebetterHalf. I get that. My question is why? I could spend the transfer fee on one single player, why the same thing can't apply for budget?

Thanks for the interest thebetterHalf. I get that. My question is why? I could spend the transfer fee on one single player, why the same thing can't apply for budget?

Because players would become unhappy if one player was getting more way more than anyone else, plus the fact that it would make the player difficult to sell if he flopped and mean it is taking more of a gamble if he does.

D

Under some circumstances, It would be the realistic thing to do, like when only nersingla one more player and having à " normal" amount left in the wage budget. But most of the times, the board would never allow it in real life and as FM is not smart enough to see " when" it should be allowed, it's restricted.

As for transfers, it's different though as its an investment rather than a cost.