higgi94

Reaction score
I have been playing this game since 2010 version and no matter what team, how much money or any tactic I use I cannot last a season with Leeds.
Can anyone help?

this is all well and good but I'd just like to manage and succeed with leeds

You need to tells us far more than what you are.
What kind of tactics are you using and are you giving your team time to blend? Too many signings?. What roles, PPM's, what kind of style and you trying to get your players to play? Wide or narrow, short or long passing? We need a veritable cornucopia of information to make any sort of a decision on what you are doing wrong and if we can help.

You will figure something out. I mean come on... I just started playing this game at the start of the year for the first time ever. Had no previous FM experience, I found it difficult and confusing at first... I lost pooploads of matches starting with Blackburn and almost got relegated when I was expected to easily get promotion. But I kept playing, didnt complain and just carried on.
Played with different teams, experiment with formations etc... At some point I was fed up with and looked upon downloadable tactics and stuff... To me they were useless... They don't fit to my style and I didn't like using those tactics and had to make my own, that fits to what I want my team to play... and you just gotta have to play with it a little...

I use to think that the game was bugged, I always lose every match. But no, infact it was me, I was just utterly **** at it. Until I got the hang of it overtime, i mane to get Heather St John, an amateur club from tier 9 back to back promotions to the premier league within 10 seasons, only missing 1 promotion in bsp by play offs.

But seriously, you'll figure something out.

Try and go for strength m8 its the best advice i could give, even if there old or getting on a bit. I dunno what your previous experiences was but mine was premier manager and old playstation games where you could basically play with 4 attacking midfielders and still win, this games more defensivaly if anything in my current spurs save ive got sandro and felliaini used parker a lot on my first season and have walker and jetro willems at left back, hes not the best but pretty solid and pretty impressive for a 19 year (i suppose if you wanted to be more solid you could bring in a 24 year old with better stats but hes the best option ive got at the minute, plus i got 10.5 million for assou ekkoto so i took it while i could and brought in bocchetti for cover at left back even though hes better his best position is centre back and de silvestre as cover for right back as naughten was a donkey) i currently play with both midfielders on automatic two wingers pushed forward on attack switched my 2 full backs to defend instead of automatic. This seems to be working a treat winning the premiership on my first season and very unlucky in all the cups ( you would even belive the reults battering inter milan home and away inthe quarter final of the eufa and losing with a late away goal in a one all draw at white hart dominating against man city in the 6th round of the f.a cup 3-1 up with 25 mins to go and losing 4-3 with swansea going on to beat stoke in the final and losing 4-3 in the carling cup final another match i was the better team) this seems to work for me but i dunno how it will work on your leeds season.

also playing players out of position like playing a attacking midfielder in central midfield this is worst in my opinion as it does not work even though hes green and should be able to play that position( it might not work for all positions but moving an attacking midfielder"playmaker" back in to midfield is a nono , this position is basically useless to me unless they can play on the wings like wellington nem for example i use him as cover for douglas costa and bale i hate it to as so many good players play in that position look at kagawa in real life united might as well be playing with 10 men at times"i hope this changes" and another example of how realistic this game is,I used sigurdson a lot in my first season because he was young his stats where good but this did not work even livermore was more affective in this position also people talk about team talks, marking certain players, ive not got round to that yet but i might in the future. i also set my strategy as fluid and attacking i guess this might not work with leeds but if youve got good wingers imo m8 youve got to evaluate your side for example it would prob have been wiser for me to go with one in the hole as ive currently got players who can play that position and one striker because im short on strikers but im stuborn so i play 2 strikers

my current spurs team (Gk) lloris, fridel cups (RB) Walker, De Silvestre "back up" (CB) kaboul, vertonghen, dawson and caulker as back up, caulker is a good young player and his defensive attributes are prob slight better than vertonghen but as an all round player he is miles better he will get plenty of games anyway through cups and injurys to help him improve (LB) jetro willims he might be a weak link in my side but hes only 19 and pretty consistant and bocchetti for backup (RM) douglas costa, wellington nem (CM) sandro, felliani and parker ,dembele and livermore as you can see these players all pretty strong with dembele and livermore being the weakest (LM) Bale, wellington nem i might mention i use sigurdson in this position as well as on the right wing i will prob off load him at end of season for a winger he would prob be pretty good in the hole if you played position (ST) adebeyour,with destro, defoe or ademilson this probably the weakest are of my squad but likelly to improve in the future

first season:

(GK) Lloris,friedel (RB) Walker,naughton (CB) vert kab daws gallas caulker, caulker still got plenty of games gallas wasnt always fit injrys (LB) assou ekkotto, willems... some people might have wentt with willems first choice as hes pretty good, young, not a a serious lot between them, hoping to improve him, hoping to offload *** ekkoto at end of season as hes turnin 29 and worth some money and nothing great but i went with assou ekotto first season he went to african cup of nation anyway and willems is now first choice ( miedfield was just the same except there was no felliani and i had lennon as an extra winger, sigurdson and dempsey where rarely used but cups and i even played sigurdson up front when fitness low( strikers where just the same without the addition of destro)

i know this might not be your leeds side you might not have a bale a sandro or even a parker but i hope this helped and its just an idea of how i approached my side

also it is good to have a 22 man side (min) 1 for each position as i played a 19 man side and it was hopeless, my players where unfit injured and needing rest by november. in my opinion its better to have a 24/25 man squad with maybe a extra cetral midfielder and extra centre back.... if your in all competions they will all get games trust me even the young players and fringe players... trying to keep them all fits the thing throwing one in when a games already won never hurts..... allthough as leeds a 22 man squaq would prob be enough as youl be playing your big team in most cups and most likely get knocked out early

Last edited:
You will figure something out. I mean come on... I just started playing this game at the start of the year for the first time ever. Had no previous FM experience, I found it difficult and confusing at first... I lost pooploads of matches starting with Blackburn and almost got relegated when I was expected to easily get promotion. But I kept playing, didnt complain and just carried on.
Played with different teams, experiment with formations etc... At some point I was fed up with and looked upon downloadable tactics and stuff... To me they were useless... They don't fit to my style and I didn't like using those tactics and had to make my own, that fits to what I want my team to play... and you just gotta have to play with it a little...

I use to think that the game was bugged, I always lose every match. But no, infact it was me, I was just utterly **** at it. Until I got the hang of it overtime, i mane to get Heather St John, an amateur club from tier 9 back to back promotions to the premier league within 10 seasons, only missing 1 promotion in bsp by play offs.

But seriously, you'll figure something out.

Amen Brother Amen