markelodeon1

Reaction score
hello,

just wondering, has anyone encountered situations where your senior players doesn't have the option to tutor any young lad at all? for example when u go into player interaction, the tutoring selection becomes greyed n hence making it unable to be selected..

quite a fair bit of my players like van nistelrooy and carragher cant tutor.. which is a pity cos they have fantastic mental attributes..

anyone knows the solution to this?

Hover your cursor on top of the grey text and it will show the reason

I had the same problem. In my Redditch save I had been promoted into the 1st division, during this first season i was really struggling, second to bottom for half a season. I mostly had kids with good potential so I decided to sign some older veterans, with resolute/proffesional personalities types who could play a minor role in the first team, but most importantly tutor my young starlets. I signed ian pearce and jonathon greening, a goaly and a fullback. Each off them on large wages (too much for redditch really) but I hoped that the tutoring options would vastly improve my kids. Most of the tutoring was a success, except for jonathon greening. The first attempt for him to tutor anyone ended in failure, and for the next two years the option was grayed out, with tooltip of 'option used recently' which it had not been, unless you consider a12 months recent! So Greening basicaly did naff all except help to cripple us financially. Still the rest of the players tutors proved to be successfull, I know have a lot of resolute and professional kids starting to hit 20 and we top league 1!

tutor status must be higher than the tutee