Jean-Luc

Reaction score
The England Manager got sacked so immediately after I applied for the job only to be beaten by this tool Kevin Fox who has done pretty much nothing in his career.

This is his achievements

View attachment 394476

This is my Manager Overview (Massive FM Nerd)

View attachment 394475

I just don't understand why England didn't give me the job. No national team has ever even approached me despite applying for numerous jobs; in the end they always give the job to someone who hasn't won much in his career.

If you have been playing FM at least since FM12 you would know how national team and other top club jobs work out. You have to climb up the ladder of the hall of fame before any top team or nation can take you seriously. I do not find that aspect of the game to be interesting or realistic but that is how you have to go about it. What you have won or your reputation does not matter that is why they laugh off your interest

If you have been playing FM at least since FM12 you would know how national team and other top club jobs work out. You have to climb up the ladder of the hall of fame before any top team or nation can take you seriously. I do not find that aspect of the game to be interesting or realistic but that is how you have to go about it. What you have won or your reputation does not matter that is why they laugh off your interest
But he is 1st in the world hall of fame...

Just seems stupid. Considering more than half 20 of my 25 players registered for the premier league are English too you would think that would make them choose me.

Just crazy to think I've won so much and it counts for nothing on the international stage lol

Just seems stupid. Considering more than half 20 of my 25 players registered for the premier league are English too you would think that would make them choose me.

Just crazy to think I've won so much and it counts for nothing on the international stage lol

Then it must be a rare bug i guess. I always get the England job

Same thing has happened to me twice, top in the hall of fame by a long way and they've actually laughed my interest off. Makes no sense especially when they hire a nobody manager

After the 2020 Euros, England, having failed to get out of the group, sacked Roberto Martinez. I was offered the France job but turned it down and then immediately applied for the England vacancy. The news item came up saying that the FA were delighted to learn of my interest blah, blah and would take the application very seriously. Shortly after, they appointed a Turkish manager called Murat Yakin (I think).

But here's the thing: I'm the most successful English manager since Bob Paisley! I won the Premier League with Southampton in 2018/19 and was runner-up the following year; I've won the Europa League; reached the semi-finals of the Champions League, last season; helped myself to three EACH of the FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Community Shield, including all three in the current calendar year. Bobby Robson, were he alive today, would be buying the audiobook of MY autobiography (although, I suspect he wouldn't be dumb enough to listen to it while sunbathing in the back garden, fall asleep and have to spend the next three days indoors covered in camomile lotion. But I digress).

And, to add insult to injury, for at least three years now, one-third of the England squad has been MY Saints players: Jack Butland, Nathaniel Clyne, Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Jonjo Shelvey, Tom Ince and Jay Rodriguez (and occasionally Ross Barkley and, just recently, John Stones, too). It's already abundantly clear that I can get a solid tune out of these players - and with the Southampton Academy churning out more players than I can actually use, you know I've got plenty more where they came from. So, it actually makes no good sense whatsoever that I was not given the job.

Don't want it, now!

After the 2020 Euros, England, having failed to get out of the group, sacked Roberto Martinez. I was offered the France job but turned it down and then immediately applied for the England vacancy. The news item came up saying that the FA were delighted to learn of my interest blah, blah and would take the application very seriously. Shortly after, they appointed a Turkish manager called Murat Yakin (I think).

But here's the thing: I'm the most successful English manager since Bob Paisley! I won the Premier League with Southampton in 2018/19 and was runner-up the following year; I've won the Europa League; reached the semi-finals of the Champions League, last season; helped myself to three EACH of the FA Cup, Capital One Cup and Community Shield, including all three in the current calendar year. Bobby Robson, were he alive today, would be buying the audiobook of MY autobiography (although, I suspect he wouldn't be dumb enough to listen to it while sunbathing in the back garden, fall asleep and have to spend the next three days indoors covered in camomile lotion. But I digress).

And, to add insult to injury, for at least three years now, one-third of the England squad has been MY Saints players: Jack Butland, Nathaniel Clyne, Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Jonjo Shelvey, Tom Ince and Jay Rodriguez (and occasionally Ross Barkley and, just recently, John Stones, too). It's already abundantly clear that I can get a solid tune out of these players - and with the Southampton Academy churning out more players than I can actually use, you know I've got plenty more where they came from. So, it actually makes no good sense whatsoever that I was not given the job.

Don't want it, now!

I'm in exactly the same position mate I have won atleast 2 trophies every single seasons; 20/25 of my registered players are english of which about 16 came through my academy but it literally counts for nothing.

I'm in exactly the same position mate I have won atleast 2 trophies every single seasons; 20/25 of my registered players are english of which about 16 came through my academy but it literally counts for nothing.

I suppose there is some realism insofar as by 2020, the FA is still being run by a bunch of muppets!

Probably ridiculous saying this but is it because of wages by any chance? A successful manager like you may probably cost more than him but I doubt the game runs like that

Idk, I declared interest and they were flattered, but still chose Roberto Martinez. Used to work well in FM13, IIRC. Now I'm trying resigning from my club job and then taking over NT, let's see how this works out.

Edit: Yup, now they hire me within a day. I think they don't want to hire someone who'd juggle between two jobs?

Edit 2: To answer the question above ^ They offered me 93k/week wages, that's pretty steep.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I haven't read all this thread so it may have been mentioned or not but are you English? I obviously set myself as Welsh and become one of the best managers in the world and England always laugh me off but yet Spain, Brazil, Italy etc have no issue with that and always offer me the job. But then again Brendan Rodgers always gets the job and he is from Northern Ireland and AVB gets the job and he is Portuguese in my saves.

I've never got the England job, probably because of my nationality but it is still odd that they'd overlook a successful manager just because he isn't English or from a 'rival nation'

Am in 2019/20 I think, have to get home and check that save. Liverpool since the start and one the PL for the last 3 years with the current season I'm 18 points ahead of second place I believe. Won the CL last year.

I applied for the england post after Mourinho left with the team exiting at the group stages of the last competition. I was given it and now manage both Liverpool and england. I'm in the top 3 ranked managers, might be first. This is with the current update though the save started in 14.2

Just posting to provide additional info. One thing that annoyed me a bit was trying to find a decent assistant manager but not a big deal as I determine OI myself generally.

Sent by fappin

Oh and the manager is English and formerly an international if that matters.

Sent by fappin

I think someone has said it before but if your not English and say Scottish they wont hire you as your too bigger rivals I never got the Scotland job in 16 seasons as Dundee United manager and i made them one of the best teams in the world, around 13 players in the Scotland side were also in my Dundee United side but i always got laughed off. This was the only thing i could think of as it has Scotland and England down as fierce rivals

could it be to do with the number of clubs you've had success at? Most cases I've seen are players that have dominated with one club against managers with less success but spread over multiple clubs. Cold be a factor as it suggests that the second manager they prefer over you will adapt better as he has a record of adapting and gaining success.