Why didn't I qualify for the Europa League?

mitchell.sam

Reaction score
I am very confused here:

View attachment 213691

Just finished my first season with Wolves. As you can see, I finished 6th (passed Bolton on the last day!) My question is, why have I not qualified for the Europa League? Chelsea won the Carling Cup, and Bolton won the FA Cup. So shouldn't I get the other spot? Also, it seems like this is something to do with Arsenal taking a Europa League spot, but they finished 4th so why aren't they in the Champions League instead?

I'm not totally familiar with the way Europe qualification works in England, but this seems wrong to me.

thats weird. since arsenal is at 4th, they should be in the champions league play off. who was chelsea playing in the fa cup final ?

Last edited:
It would be totally crazy if it had something to do with Arsenal.
Are you ok with your finances?
Maybe you do not match up with the UEFA rules for euro competitions.

What I don't know is if Arsenal fall from UCL in the play-offs before group stage and go to Europa league could take your spot. Did you start the second season yet?

thats weird. since arsenal is at 4th, they should be in the champions league play off. who was chelsea playing in the fa cup final ?

So, this may be the thing. The FA runner-up gets a spot in Europa league, right?

It would be totally crazy if it had something to do with Arsenal.
Are you ok with your finances?
Maybe you do not match up with the UEFA rules for euro competitions.

What I don't know is if Arsenal fall from UCL in the play-offs before group stage and go to Europa league could take your spot. Did you start the second season yet?

that draw happens on august, and the date there says may. so it just finished the season.

its might have to do with finances. i mean, remembered when Portsmouth relegated from epl, but got to the final of the fa cup against Chelsea. there finances were bad as **** that time (i still remember they weren't able to pay of player wages), and thus didnt get to europa, or as it was called back then, uefa cup.

Last edited:
So, this may be the thing. The FA runner-up gets a spot in Europa league, right?

yes, thats why stoke got to the Europa league this year. not runner ups of the competition, but the winners of the semi-finals get to the Europa league. both man city and stoke won, so they were both eligible.

that draw happens on august, and the date there says may. so it just finished the season.

its might have to do with finances. i mean, remembered when Portsmouth relegated from epl, but got to the final of the fa cup against Chelsea. there finances were bad as **** that time (i still remember they weren't able to pay of player wages), and thus didnt get to europa, or as it was called back then, uefa cup.

I remember Liverpool got a spot finishing Premier League in 7th due to this Portsmouth situation.

So there are some variants when it comes to get a european competition spot.

My finances are in good shape. Finished the season with a profit of 13.67 million euro, and finances are listed as 'secure'.

FA Cup runner up was Everton, though they aren't listed as having a EL spot on the table. Same with Stoke who were runner up for the Carling Cup.

What's going on here?

My finances are in good shape. Finished the season with a profit of 13.67 million euro, and finances are listed as 'secure'.

FA Cup runner up was Everton, though they aren't listed as having a EL spot on the table. Same with Stoke who were runner up for the Carling Cup.

What's going on here?

its..
runner ups for the FA CUP, and winners of the carling cup that get to europa. so stoke wont get, since they lost to chelsea. bolton do, cuz they were in in the final of the fa cup. dont know why stoke didnt.

and since chelsea are 5th, they go to europa, but in a different round, and not to the one when they won the carling cup. bolton gets in , also in a different round.

sigh, idk man. arsenals one is killing me, cuz it shouldnt be like that. it should say CL not EL

If it wouldn't be 2012 then there would be the option of reduced number of European spots available. But what's up with Arsenal? If not before then in the season summary that comes out in mid-June it should say who and how qualified.

I thought it worked like this:

Winners of the cups get EL spots, but so does the 5th place team automatically. If the 5th place team is one of the cup winners (which in my case it is) the 6th place team gets a spot (that should be me).

According to what you said, Everton should have gotten into the EL, but they didn't either...

Chelsea in the CL final by any chance?

If they are then they may end up qualifying for CL as winners. as this is still a possibility then Arsenal wont yet be qualified for CL for 4th place. I believe when the final is played and it is decided which club (arsenal for 4th or chelsea as holders) will be in next seasons CL then the Europa League spots will be handed down

Actually, Arsenal is in the final. This makes it even more confusing that they are being shown as having a EL spot.

ok thats fine, the game just recognises that an english team is in the final and that it cant give the CL places to the top 4 until after the final. The fact it is Arsenal who occupy 4th and are in the final means they will definately qualify regardless of the result. Once the CL final is over the Europa League places will filter down and you should qualify

Actually, Arsenal is in the final. This makes it even more confusing that they are being shown as having a EL spot.

final against who. ?? ;) go arsenal !!!!

and with arsenal in CL final, then they automatically get to CL straight away for next season. no need for the play-offs for the gunners.

similar to what happen in my fm11 save first season as Arsenal, and irl to Liverpool when the won the CL, but where 5th in the EPL

Last edited:
Ah, great news. Go Wolves!

And it's Arsenal against Barça in the final. No hope there :p