dillbi

Reaction score
So im Blackpool in the Npower championship 1st season and EVERY game i get an injury of some sort. and in my last game vs hull my best player Tom Ince is out for 4 months. this is the FIFTH yes FITH time a player has been out for 4 months and im not even in january. Anybody help me out as its just ruining the game?

Are you playing an aggressive tactic?

i have the exact same problem i have no idea how it happens though. In my dundee United save my striker Jon Daly was injured 7 times most of them not even past 45mins and out for 2-4 weeks

Lot of things can affect this. Poor quality pitches, other players aggressively tackling, poor fitness levels, rushing players back from injury, poor tackling in poor weather conditions. Lot of things can cause this. Been through this myself and had to persevere. Yes it did affect the season big time, but the board were understanding and even though I promised promotion, it was given another chance.

Play on normal for tackling, controlled gameplay, 41221 formation. Players arnt rushed back from injury. Short passing, most of injuries have been hamstrings apart from one broken foot.

Play on normal for tackling, controlled gameplay, 41221 formation. Players arnt rushed back from injury. Short passing, most of injuries have been hamstrings apart from one broken foot.

Hamstrings are from over-exertion rather than collision (like your one broken bone), so therefore they are probably incurred from low fitness or a heavy pitch/weather conditions. Also, are your injuries incurred in training? If they are, it's likely your player is doing too much.

If you're in the lower leagues (I know the Championship isn't exactly lower league), i've found that pitch condition can make a **** of a difference. I had a save with Weston on FM12 and my pitch condition was 'terrible'. As a result, I was getting 1 or 2 injuries a game in pre-season! Not ideal.

Like ajt08 says, persevere and it'll pay off. Until then, have a tinker with training schedules and ask your board for better facilities and/or a better pitch (if you need it obvs!)

Hamstrings are from over-exertion rather than collision (like your one broken bone), so therefore they are probably incurred from low fitness or a heavy pitch/weather conditions. Also, are your injuries incurred in training? If they are, it's likely your player is doing too much.

If you're in the lower leagues (I know the Championship isn't exactly lower league), i've found that pitch condition can make a **** of a difference. I had a save with Weston on FM12 and my pitch condition was 'terrible'. As a result, I was getting 1 or 2 injuries a game in pre-season! Not ideal.

Like ajt08 says, persevere and it'll pay off. Until then, have a tinker with training schedules and ask your board for better facilities and/or a better pitch (if you need it obvs!)
Ahh perfect, will go to the board and see if they can sort the pitch out haha! But first need to sign up my whole team to new contracts as about 10 of them expire in 6 months and i didnt even notice :/ Havnt got enough money to do them atm but i dont want them to go! What do i do?!?!

Ahh perfect, will go to the board and see if they can sort the pitch out haha! But first need to sign up my whole team to new contracts as about 10 of them expire in 6 months and i didnt even notice :/ Havnt got enough money to do them atm but i dont want them to go! What do i do?!?!

It's always a difficult one when contracts are due expire. If your board won't budge on the wage bill, my suggestion would be to offer the player loads of clauses like a massive goal bonus or a big loyalty bonus. These clauses won't affect your wage bill but can tempt the player into re-signing at a similar wage/smaller increase in wage.

Be careful not to offer all of them glittering contracts though. I would assess each player carefully. have a look at the transfer market and your youth prospects, and work out whether you definitely need them. Sometimes it's better to just let their contracts expire, I sometimes do it as a matter of principle (I know it's only a game!) when they're asking for ridiculous wages. Something i've learnt is that there's always an equal/better player out there, especially if you get a good scouting network going ;)

Grab as many physios as you can. They don't just treat, but they prevent injuries.