Swaggertoni

Reaction score
I will be honest I haven't played for three weeks since the last patch and I had the perfect tactic that I wouldn't change. (Alligator tactic) but every time a new patch is released everything goes wrong until somebody comes up with something amazing. I'm not good at making tactics and I don't have much time to try unfortunately :) I don't understand why the ME has to be tweaked, is this a challenge from the creators so the great guys who make tactics can create more amazing tactics? I guess I just don't understand because I don't spend enough time studying everything! Sorry :)

It doesn't ruin tactics. The good ones survive. They make updates to the MU and changes certain things that your previous tactic may have been exploiting when it shouldn't have.

This is what the new updated fixed:

MATCH ENGINE (v1555)

- Fixed issue where players would sometimes not make an obvious challenge for the ball
- Fixed bug making saves too difficult at certain heights and angles
- Fixed keepers not punching balls they can’t hold at certain heights
- Improved goalkeeper reactions after an initial save
- Fixed bug where fifth official moves onto the pitch over the course of a match
- Fixed bug with physio walking across the pitch
- Made first time kicks a little harder
- Improved link between first touches and player attributes
- Fixed bug where keepers sometimes hesitate on sweeping up ball behind defence
- Fixed instances of free kicks being taken with wrong foot
- Improved wall position at some free kicks
- Improved marking and positioning at some throws
- Made players run more directly with ball when on counter
- Increased likelihood of players attacking space with ball at feet
- Fixed some issues with close range finishing
- Fixed a couple of bugs with player reactions to long kicks
- Improved defensive positioning of support duty strikers and attack duty AMCs
- Fixed bug causing defences to push up prematurely
- Prevented d-lines from pushing up too quickly when ball with opposition
- Made teams get back a bit quicker when ball changes hands
- Fixed bug in dribbling speed that overpowered certain dribblers
- Fixed some instances of centre halves engaging ball player and breaking their defensive line
- Reworking of when players should look to commit fouls
- Fixed some issues around reactions to rebounds, saves and deflections
- Fixed high defensive lines at wide free kicks
- Improved the balance of Goals Per Game in low CA leagues

So, factoring all those, there are going to be some tactics that take a hit, and there will be some pre 15.3 tactics that will actually improve. You don't need to make new tactics for each match engine update. A lot survive the updates.

I will be honest I haven't played for three weeks since the last patch and I had the perfect tactic that I wouldn't change. (Alligator tactic) but every time a new patch is released everything goes wrong until somebody comes up with something amazing. I'm not good at making tactics and I don't have much time to try unfortunately :) I don't understand why the ME has to be tweaked, is this a challenge from the creators so the great guys who make tactics can create more amazing tactics? I guess I just don't understand because I don't spend enough time studying everything! Sorry :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ark]-closer-step-perfection-[15-1-4]-106.html

try this tweak for me this is BEST(H)

There are plenty of great tactics on here that survived the update. Not any one is better than the other. It just comes down to choosing the right one based on the formation and style of you seeking.

Because SI have already taken our money so why should they care lol (6)

I'm still using tactics from Beta without any major changes and they work great. Though I mostly use tactics from here as I get bored of creating tactics.

So it's always improving? Would you prefer that they don't try an improve it?