Why does Barcelona never had a 'bad first season' when i play as Real Madrid?

miitchh

Reaction score
So i've been tryin to pull a 38-0-0 1st season with Real and well, it seems that Barcelona NEVER finish with less than 30-ish wins.

It's like IMPOSSIBLE for them to go 93> points, but when i manage a team in China, they finish the season with 82. What the ****

the ME makes them more competitive in that league when you play alongside them.
while you manage elsewhere, the ME simply let's it be!
that's what I think..
Bayern on my save while I was managing in the lower division won bundesliga with 62 points in 34 games. but if you manage in bundesliga, it would be a whole lot different.

The ME does nothing artificial like that.

So i've been tryin to pull a 38-0-0 1st season with Real and well, it seems that Barcelona NEVER finish with less than 30-ish wins.

It's like IMPOSSIBLE for them to go 93> points, but when i manage a team in China, they finish the season with 82. What the ****
They never have a bad season, because they're Barcelona.

If you manage a team in China, do you still switch the Spanish leagues to full detail? Because that will make all the difference. Leagues not on full detail will have quick sim results instead of it being fully watchable games, simulated in the ME like your own league.

I can assure you it's linked. the league YOU play in will be more competitive, not saying that the others won't be, but you'll see considerable difference in results and tables of any league if you are managing in there compared to when you manage elsewhere and simply browse through their results, whether it's quick sim, or detailed results.

only in epl if you observe, say you manage Liverpool, Crystal Palace very much might be your bogey team, coz IRL they have messed up with Liverpool's results.

winning comfortably against Newcastle playing as Arsenal? don't sit back, remember the epic game from two years ago!

there are certain results that would be inherently biased against your team given how your team has fared over the last few games IRL.

just an example while I was managing in a lower league, the following was what happened in various other leagues.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...968-titan-oliver-kahn-back-7.html#post2807650
as you can see, if you were to manage in any of those leagues with any club, were you to finish with the points the winners had in those leagues, there's a very good chance you wouldn't have been the winner then.

that's what I have observed over time.

Also, Barca and RM have a connection in game. If you play as either, and go without making any big signings for a while, your rival would also do likewise, but were you to bring in big signings, the other team would also spend big!

I can assure you it's linked. the league YOU play in will be more competitive,
That's because only the league you play in is simmed fully (the matches, obviously) using the ME. If you set them all to FULL DETAIL, they'll all be very competitive.

That's because only the league you play in is simmed fully (the matches, obviously) using the ME. If you set them all to FULL DETAIL, they'll all be very competitive.

Mine is set to full detail, sir.
I can go watch any and every game if i want to and so on..

I admit I might be wrong, but thus far this is what i have observed on a number of saves.

you could also just see if this has happened to why while managing any other club etc, on any other save?

you could also just see if this has happened to why while managing any other club etc, on any other save?
I can't, because I haven't set my leagues to run on full detail. It's still on the default settings, so only my own league is running on full detail. I only have one save.

I can't, because I haven't set my leagues to run on full detail. It's still on the default settings, so only my own league is running on full detail. I only have one save.

So I might as well be very much correct, as I have them all loaded.
In case you give that a try, let us know if that, in fact, is true.

So I might as well be very much correct, as I have them all loaded.
You have them all loaded, but you also went into your settings and manually changed each league to run at full detail?

I have all the leagues loaded as well, except Asia, but running it at full detail would be painfully slow.

You have them all loaded, but you also went into your settings and manually changed each league to run at full detail?

I have all the leagues loaded as well, except Asia, but running it at full detail would be painfully slow.

Yes, full detail for the top leagues in those nations. I have a large number of nations and leagues, and the maximum allowed 125000 players.

Alright then, but there should be no difference in your case then whether you manage in that league or not.

Alright then, but there should be no difference in your case then whether you manage in that league or not.

I guess we shall see on my save now. When I was in 2.Bundesliga, Bayern won the 1.Bundesliga with 60 points in 34 games.
This season I'm in 1.Bundesliga as well. That should somehow be an indication whether ME messes up or not?

I guess we shall see on my save now. When I was in 2.Bundesliga, Bayern won the 1.Bundesliga with 60 points in 34 games.
This season I'm in 1.Bundesliga as well. That should somehow be an indication whether ME messes up or not?
It's not really a good test if you're testing different seasons. A sample size of 2 is also not great.

One of the key points of FM games over the years was SI creating a gameworld that functions the same with or without you in it. Teams don't become harder to beat because you're now suddenly in it. That makes the entire world artificial. In fact, it doubles SI's work, trying to balance a gameworld/league with and without the player in addition to the Full detail and simmed detail. It's much easier (and makes more sense) to have just ONE AI. The same is true for matches themselves. The ME, even with 2 - 3 million lines of coding, cannot distinguish between human and AI.

I'd still be interested in your findings, but a bigger and more consistent test would be needed to prove it either way.

EDIT: I like that you set the top leagues to full detail. It's something I wish I did too, but I'm in 2030 and it's a little late for that. I'm definitely doing it for FM16 though!

Last edited:
I think I have a couple of saves I had just started but never bothered to play further..

what I can do is continue that save from the start, and manage from that save itself, one by one, in top 5/6 nations, and at the end compare each league on all the saves.

in case there is a significant difference every time I manage in a particular league, we would have to believe that the ME indeed messes things up for the player.