Reaction score
He's only scored 13 times in 28 games, and only gotten 5 assists, and this is in my first season, managing in England, having bought nobody from Spain at any stage. He's done this on several of my other saves, where he has just not scored nearly as many times in the game as he does in real life.Is there a reason for this, a bad design in the software or something, or does he score 30+ goals every season for others?
This should not apply for when you manage him yourself, just for when he plays for Tito Vilanova at Barca.

Last edited:
Scores a **** ton on mine, same as ronaldo, they normally avg a goal a game.

Ronaldo has scored 15 times in 26 apps, with 2 assists. Falcao is the top scorer in La Liga, with 21 goals in 28 games, and then after him it's Roberto Soldado and Gabriel Torje with 17 and 16 goals apiece.

Messi has 7 in 24 league games on my save, Lewandowski has 14 in 28 and Neymar has 4 in 28 yet they are top of La Liga by 3 points in April. Whereas at Madrid Ronaldo has 21 in 28. A tad unrealistic on Messi's behalf

On my games, Messi doesn't score or assist much but always averages a rating over 8

And yet, I can guarantee the OP that Messi will win the Balon d'Or.

And yet, I can guarantee the OP that Messi will win the Balon d'Or.

It's true, and i think that when he gets 49, he will win the last :D

Btw, i played Messi as a winger and he got 20 goals in 15 games...

I managed to get him at Liverpool, did better for me than Barca (65 goals in one season), but I know what you mean, neither he or Ronaldo managed to come anywhere near last seasons goal scoring feats!
In my humble opinion there are too many players with high attributes so it makes Messi and Ronaldo not as 'stand out' as they should be?
I'm now at Barca and I can't for the life of me get Messi to replicate the form from Liverpool!!

View attachment 354012

Ronaldo as the long distance shoot PPM that is rubbish, since long shoots in 13 don't work as Ronaldo does IRL.

I think that Ronaldo and Messi should have some attributes at 25 :D

I think what also doesn't help is Messi's best position is AMC, in real life he is...well everywhere, just gets the ball and scores! I'd like to see if anyone at SI has ever managed to make a Barca tactic that can get Messi to score 91 goals in a year from AMC...I think not?!? :)

I think what also doesn't help is Messi's best position is AMC, in real life he is...well everywhere, just gets the ball and scores! I'd like to see if anyone at SI has ever managed to make a Barca tactic that can get Messi to score 91 goals in a year from AMC...I think not?!? :)

Your FM will crash forever :D

Also have you ever tried playing Messi in every game, like he pretty much did do for the record...needs a rest pretty quickly!

Barcelona and the Spanish NT work with a medic that is implied in a doping scandal. If you search the forum, there is something about it.

Question answered?

It's because the computer tends to use him in his best position - inside-right or AMC - rather than the vanity position of 'false 9'. Consequently he scores fewer but will create more for the other Barca players, especially if they get a centre-forward.

On my save he's not managed more than 20 league goals in a season since the game started. But at the moment Barca have Falcao (28 goals), Llorente (23) and Jovetic (15) - and it's only late March, so it's not hard to see where those goals have gone.

Messi and Ronaldo is always legendary in two of my saves. Messi has better av. ratings, while ronaldo always scores more. I faced both Barca and Real, Messi is too dangerous when he gets the ball 3 meters from the penalty area, dribbling just too good.