Why does no-one try and emulate the special one??

I always se people trying to emulate the great Barca and i see why but why not try and emulate the only man who can stop them?

Created a tactic that emulates their real life one. Ronaldohas sixty form the left wing. Benz and higgs have 30+ goals even though I rotated them xD.

Best tactic I've ever made. Will put all three of them up if you want.

Created a tactic that emulates their real life one. Ronaldohas sixty form the left wing. Benz and higgs have 30+ goals even though I rotated them xD.

ronaldohas, benz, and higgs? did R.madrid signed new players recently?

haha.. just joking, I know what you mean..

Back on Topic !!

The way Mourinho sets up his teams can partly be emulated in FM but that is only the tactical orders/settings. The way Mou handles the dressing room and makes players that in Fm has lower stats in work rate and team work act as team players, pressing high,tracking back, making opening runs is one thing that CANT be emulated in à tactic and as this is essential for the flow of the game, the outcome,it Will be hard. You san easily set up the tactic, but making the players Actually play like that is à different thing.

People really have very short memories when it comes to football.

Sacchi's Milian
The Great Ajax teams
Classic liverpool
Holland durign total football
The 4 great Brazil sides
Arsenal invincibles

all thise sides played some truly beautiful football, arguably better jose and pep at times. Thats why i dont emulate barca, or real. Because there is a far more football out, at lot of it just as good, if not better, becuase these teams often defined it.

Sorry mate,i'm only 16,never saw these teams playing =)
i just said that barça and real were the best of this decade,and of those teams you've said just Arsenal is from this decade.Still,that Arsenal Team just really worked one season.Instead,Barcelona nowadays are from a long time philosofy,son of Holland Total Football,that was implanted by Cruyff in La Masia,and refined by Guardiola in the first team.
Mourinho himself also refined a way of playing football,which is hard working defense and high tempo counter attack.There's no guy in the world that knows more about defensing and counter-attack than he and his 4-3-3 monster.That's the way he played all of his teams.
And both Mourinho and Guardiola have been sucessful for some years,not just one year.This prove that they created a sucessful style of playing football,a thing that Wenger and his Arsenal just did once!

So,what i'm trying to say is that in this decade,there's no better football style than these two.If you want to emulate it or not,it's up to you =]

I think Mou system is more easy to applied in FM ME, and Barca system is nearly impossible? :D
Something like this,
milan-barca1.jpg

milan-barca2.jpg

Back on Topic !!

The way Mourinho sets up his teams can partly be emulated in FM but that is only the tactical orders/settings. The way Mou handles the dressing room and makes players that in Fm has lower stats in work rate and team work act as team players, pressing high,tracking back, making opening runs is one thing that CANT be emulated in à tactic and as this is essential for the flow of the game, the outcome,it Will be hard. You san easily set up the tactic, but making the players Actually play like that is à different thing.

Any chance you could create a Mourinho-esque tactic which we could build as a base?

Any chance you could create a Mourinho-esque tactic which we could build as a base?

Thats actually pretty easy.

Balanced- Counter- loose zonal.
The just use shouts to push up, get ball forward, hassle or as he played against barce with his Inter side, drop deeper drop into à 4141 and then use some players to man mark and stick like glue to the main threats.

I think Mou system is more easy to applied in FM ME, and Barca system is nearly impossible? :D
Something like this,
milan-barca1.jpg

milan-barca2.jpg

I dont think it would be impossible. You'd just need to keep the ball for the majority of the game so no one could attack you. My understanding of barce's tactics this season is that- messi is the trequista on the right, fabregas is a deep lying forward playing as a false no.9 and david villa cuts inside to score goals from the left. Thiago or iniesta is the advanced playmaker, Keita is the ball winning mid, busquets a holding mid and then a back three.

Last edited:
Do you guys seriously think Real Madrid is boring? They are the most attractive team in the world right now in my opinion. Barca's passing game is facinating, i'll give them that, but the pace Real play at is my liking. Everyone got their own taste though, I respect that, no problem.

Its impossible to create tactic that will counter attack so often.

The ME is kinda limited,Jose teams always trying to get the ball forward as fast as possible.

Just Google for José Mourinho - Tactics Pack v1
These tactics were made for FM11 but will work on FM12,i didn't make them so all credit goes to.."the guy who did" lol

I'm not impressed with Mou on the tactical part of the game (Rafa Benitez fan) however,i :wub: that arrogance and those mind games,he gives the team confidence,takes the pressure before a game and directs it somewhere else "opponents,referee,the lady that manages the equipment,global warming,aliens etc" <)

real madrid will become a champion this season if they really consistant..it doesnt mean i hate real n i'm a barca fans..but mourinho still a "special one"

If you have a Special One system please upload

Just downloaded the Mourinho pack suggested so will try asap at cov

That Mourinho pack looks perfect! HolteEnder, let us know how you get on mate, will be interesting to see how it works on 12. If its good enough, i will go ahead and use those 3 as a set.

Right guys done some testing on the tactics ive downloaded. The usual stuff on holiday till x-mas see how there going.

Saachi's Milan 1989 has been top quality so far been playing it with Shaktar (16-2-1 59-12), Basel (10-6-2 32-14)
Been playing with my own version of Jose's Porto tactic with Boca (14-3-2 40-13)
Same with my version of Jose's Chealsea Tactic with Sao Paulo (16-11-6 42-21)
Arrrgghhh....!!!!! tactic used with Arsenal doing so-so (9-3-5 35-22) Ajax (11-3-2 32-12)
4-5-1 out the Mourinho pack Olypiakoas (9-4-2 20-5)
4-3-1-2 same pack Copenhagen (13-6-1 44-19)
4-2-3-1 " " Sporting (10-3-0 28-3)
Jose Mourhino real tactic from here Wilsa (9-5-3 39-18) Anji (12-3-6 40-27) Real (13-2-1 38-6)
My barca style Napoli (11-3-3 33-13)
Giant killer by steve Celtic (18-1-1 62-20) PSG SACKED
Theres also a tactic called Ajax got sacked at both clubs Standard & Schalke