Why does preferred tactics never change?

I think I've noticed mine change once so far. That was in my LLM save where I'd constantly used same formation for about 3 seasons and it changed then. Always wondered why it doesn't change quicker though.

I played like 20 seasons and hasn't changed :(

to be honest, does it really make any difference whatsoever?

to be honest, does it really make any difference whatsoever?

Not massively but its just one part of the game that never seems to work, whether its irrelevant or not, it should still be in working order

its rarely accurate as well :( i was playing a 4-5-1 formation and it shows 4-1-2-1-2..

I wonder if it reflects not just where you position the players on the grid, but the roles you assign and the players you use. Mine showed my favourite formation as 4-4-1-1 for ages, which I'd never used - I always used 4-2-3-1. But both roles were set as 'wingers' and my preferred AML was more of a winger than a forward, so if the game thinks it was more of a 4-4-1-1 rather than a 4-2-3-1 then I couldn't really disagree.

Or it could just be broken.

I wonder if it reflects not just where you position the players on the grid, but the roles you assign and the players you use. Mine showed my favourite formation as 4-4-1-1 for ages, which I'd never used - I always used 4-2-3-1. But both roles were set as 'wingers' and my preferred AML was more of a winger than a forward, so if the game thinks it was more of a 4-4-1-1 rather than a 4-2-3-1 then I couldn't really disagree.

Or it could just be broken.

somehow i agree with the part on roles for players...