Why does SI hate Chelsea defenders?

theone25

Reaction score
In every version of FM, SI tend to undervalue the CA and PA of the defenders Chelsea have. This happens mainly for CB's. Gary Cahill(155) and Branislav Ivanovic(163) have very low PA, Cahill has already hit his ceiling, when Evans has the PA of 165, and Jones 173. I mean come on! How are Cahill and Evans on the same level? Their CA is exactly the same when you start a new season, but look at their performances, Cahill and Bran are rock solid and Evans... meh!

Anyone else think this is unfair?

LOL okay, have you seen the PA's they've awarded to Gibbs, Oxlade, and Jenkinson? Now THAT is unfair.

lol to compare Ivanovic who PSG would love to get their hands on with Gibbs and Jenkinson is just wrong :p Oxlade has a lot to prove, but I guess if he were a regular like sterling, they'd have thought he had more in him.

Obiously SI knows that english footballers are overrated, overpaid and cost too much.

Oscar Ramirez terry Luiz lampard

Terry and Lampard certainly aren't overrated. Their mentals are high but they are in real life and their physicals are low. Oscar is a true reflection in game. Certain Luiz and Ramires attributes are overrated but no big deal. If you think these are overrated you clearly haven't seen Van Persie, Januzaj and Jones!

Er, they dont. Chelsea have a specific club researcher, who apart from being one of the most senior researchers, is a season ticket holder (including watching the reserve, youth and academy, who regularly gets behind the scenes.

Also you talk about same current level, the use PA. You're using the wrong comparison. And it doesnt even just come down to CA and PA

But if you ignore the fact he's pretty much spot on each time, then yes SI hate Chelsea.

Sports Interactive Community

That's the official Chelsea data thread. But you are going to have to come up with a far more compelling argument than SI hate Chelsea, or he will probably ignore you.

Why are you even asking this? *****.
David Luiz, for one.
Fernando Torres. I mean, come on now, we know he deserves less than that 14 finishing.

No. Torres is a good finisher. But he has very low levels of anticipation, composure and decisions. As well as a weak personality, poor consistency. If you watch him week in week out, rather than just his famous misses you will know that he is actually a decent finisher when he does't have time to think.
As for Luiz, his stats are perfectly fine. He is a completely different player when he plays in midfield for Chelsea and bossed them big games alongside Matic this season. He even had a very good World Cup up until that Germany game. Again, his decision stat should be lowered but the rest of 'em are fine.

At the start of the game, Gary Cahill is 27 and Ivanovic is 29, why are you expecting him to grow a lot/have a high PA? Whereas, Phil Jones and Jonny Evans are 21 and 25, so are younger, have more room to grow and should therefore have a higher PA.

Terry and Lampard certainly aren't overrated. Their mentals are high but they are in real life and their physicals are low. Oscar is a true reflection in game. Certain Luiz and Ramires attributes are overrated but no big deal. If you think these are overrated you clearly haven't seen Van Persie, Januzaj and Jones!

Yer I no massively agree januzaj had like a good half season and is now like best player on the game massively overrated like jones who has looked er **** for two seasons now. As for above how can their metals be so high when they constantly under performed on the international stage they got mental stats like messi! Mayb it's just me but I not sure wot Oscar actually does amazing work rate for number ten but after that I dunno ?

Yer I no massively agree januzaj had like a good half season and is now like best player on the game massively overrated like jones who has looked er **** for two seasons now. As for above how can their metals be so high when they constantly under performed on the international stage they got mental stats like messi! Mayb it's just me but I not sure wot Oscar actually does amazing work rate for number ten but after that I dunno ?

I'm a Chelsea fan but I don't feel i'm being biased. But if you watch him week in week out there is more to his game than people may think. He doesn't have 'amazing' stats on FM but just pretty solid in all areas. His best attributes include teamwork/workrate, natural fitness, stamina, technique, passing and first touch. Well you mentioned his workrate was good and his passing is also good IRL. Technique is a given after some brilliant long shots and free-kicks he's scored for Chelsea. And finally, his mental stats are good. But if you look at him IRL he is a hard worker who is also a creative midfielder. Just my opinion but i'm certain one day he'll be one of the best AMs around. Very few are technically gifted whilst also having the high work rate.

I am a Manchester united fan so i am obviously going to have a problem with this. Lets compare him to Kompany, a centre back that i widely considered as the best/top 3 in England. Phil Jones had an average higher rating, 0.9 more aerial duels won per game (despite Phil Jones being 5'11, compared to Kompany being 6'4), same amount of tackles per game, Jones has more interceptions, more clearances, as well as Jones having a higher average rating and marginally better pass completion.

I am a Manchester united fan so i am obviously going to have a problem with this. Lets compare him to Kompany, a centre back that i widely considered as the best/top 3 in England. Phil Jones had an average higher rating, 0.9 more aerial duels won per game (despite Phil Jones being 5'11, compared to Kompany being 6'4), same amount of tackles per game, Jones has more interceptions, more clearances, as well as Jones having a higher average rating and marginally better pass completion.

Did you actually just compare Phil Jones to Vincent Kompany? And then come out with stats in an attempt to make Jones look the better player.

Amazing. I like you.