coxy1234

Reaction score
I am completely dominating a game and go 2-0 up... because of this I change to defensive and rigid and also bring on a defensive midfielder to sure things up. Next thing I know the opposition create their first two chances of the game in the space of 2 minutes and score both of them... I ended up drawing the match 2-2.

Surely by becoming more defensive it should further reduce the chance of the other team scoring or even creating any chances and should not result in them creating their first chances of the game :(

/rant over

Yes and no.
It could be that your initial formation itself was serving to shut down the other team, by then changing the entire way your team is set up could first unsettle your own players a little whilst also allowing the other team to gain a small advantage that they previously didn't have.
Haven't seen how they scored and what chances they created but by moving to a much more rigid and defensive formation it's likely that you gave them more time on the ball allowing them to pass it around you or just make that killer through ball that had previously been under much more pressure.

Last edited:
There are many things that can contribute to that.

- Apart changing mentality, do you close down more?
- Do you retain more the ball to keep them with out it (one of the Tiki taka things is that if you retain more the ball, the opposition will have it less, so they will attack less)?
- Remember that offense can be your best defense, so winning 2-0 can come into 5-2, right?
- Do your players have good teamwork?
- How is your player fitness?