drifter639

Reaction score
They've taken spaces which can be given to others. And when i dont select them in the team, the rest of the players become unhappy. :(

Any ideas? I'm having this issue with Lampard. He is 37 now and is of the value of 500K.

IS this a glitch? At what age has Lampard generally retired for other players?

Another advice: I need to seel Peter Chec (15 mil) so that i can have space for Delac (8 mil) nd i already have akinfeev of 22 mil value. Would it be a good choice to sell off the 32 year old P.Cech?

Last edited:
P.Cech can still be kept for a year or two but my suggestion is to sell him and Lampard will retire in a year....you cant help it unless you sell him off or terminate his contract,maybe suggest to him that he would make a good coach to push him to retire

I would say sell Cech. Akinfeev is good enough to tutor Delac.If you just cant get rid of Lampard,have him tutor someone eg. Josh McEachran

terminate Lampard contract?
Try sign him as a coach??
Loan him out???

What's their squad status? If they are still first team players then they will be unhappy about not playing and they expect to be playing an important role in the team and won't retire.

1)keep Cech to tutor Delac for the season, he is still a good keeper and these are pretty much his best years (keepers prime is between 30-35 years old) its always good to have 3 keepers in the squad!

2) Lampard can be kept, either try and offer him a new contract (1 year) (if he is still on very high wages) and let him tutor your younger Midfielders and as Alcaraz correctly suggested, keep on suggesting him for coaching, scouting, managing (which ever one you want really) to push him for retirement or you can release him on a free when he has 6 months left on his contract (it will cost you a bit, but at least you wont have to pay him his weekly wages (which most probably are still in the mid 50k or so region for another 6 months)

3) when January comes, re-register your squad and leave out the players you dont want or sign someone to full Lampards position (he will most probably have to be English)

Great suggestions.
I'd have tutored Delac with Akineef but for some reason both of those had a fight. Now whenever I have loaned out Delac, Akinfeev has been quiet chirpy about it.

Also, while selecting players for tutoring newcomers. what should be kept in mind? Ive seen that it has been a gamble till now. Like Delac and Akinfeev haven;t meshed, Alaba and Hazard on the other hand have had great on and off pitch relationship.

Another thing, (sorry) but for a lot of players the 'tutor' option isnt just available even though they are not being currently tutored. Why is that?

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

What's their squad status? If they are still first team players then they will be unhappy about not playing and they expect to be playing an important role in the team and won't retire.

first team it is.

Because after 23,players lose that 'tutor option' otherwise I would not know.....Yes sometimes their is frciction between different sets of players but you cant help that

read through this Tutoring 1 and Tutoring 2 :D

here are some other tips on player tutoring from aroud the web as well:

1)http://www.theawaystand.co.uk/hoem/the-ins-and-outs-of-player-tutoring-in-football-manager-2010/
2)http://www.fmpundit.com/2010/players/benefits-tutoring/

this is from a chap Las7, this is his thoughts and suggestions as well, which are similar to mine:
off this thread here:
http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=30311

1. The different comments have different uses but also improve most stats to some extend if the young player is talented.
2. Usually things like preferred foot; personality; position; squad status are the most important when looking at the two players. I have seen that it usually takes around 1-2 months for a new player I have bought to become available to tutor, while to be tutored it usually happens right away.
3. Some players are very difficult especially when they have a high CA and think they are too good to be tutored.
4. Unsure players rarely learn moves; although I had a player who was unsure learn 1 move once.
5. It is possible for the player who is tutoring to learn a move from the youngster but it happens very rarely.
6. Its very useful to teach young players a few new positions because they can learn from more people this way.
7. There is no age limit as to when a player can become a tutor as long as he is playing a part of the first team regularly.
8. Players who are on loan cannot be tutored or tutor (which is kind of dumb from my perspective).
9. Tutoring can also have a negative effect if the player who is tutoring isn’t any good and has certain stats low(determination; team work etc)

if you select the 2nd option, make sure that your younger player has a lower Determination stat than his tutor otherwise your young player will decrease in Determination quite substantially