Why don't the FA want me? (Possible bug).

yaniv297

Reaction score
So, I've finished 10 seasons with Hull City. I brought them to the top, and ended up winning the last 5 league titles, and 3 champion league titles in 4 years. Hull are now the second top club in the world. I'm an English manager and have 4 English starters in my team - 7 of my players were called up by England to the Euros.

I figured, since it's 2024 it could be pretty cool to lead England in the Euros. So I added a new manager in England (causing the current one to quit), retired with him, leaving the job empty, and applied for the job. I was rejected for Unai Emery. I thought maybe it was my job at Hull, so I resigned at Hull and tried again. Once again I was declined.
I repeated the process 5 times - declined each time! The FA went for an unknown Dutch U21 coach who never won anything, again and again overlooking the manager who won the last 5 leagues in England, 3 CLs using lots of English players, who's practically begging for the job!

This has to be a bug, as this logic makes no sense. Any idea why? only reasonable reason I thought of is maybe my expected wages are too high for them, but they could at least ask me! I would have done this for free...

Anyway I really want to coach England, and with my current manager (not starting a new head coach), any idea on how I can do it? Thanks!

Have you declared interested for the job ? I know it'a dumb question,but i can't find another reason.

Well, those frackers never hired Brian Clough either... They can be dumb like that. :D

What is England's FIFA ranking in game? It's possible that you've far outgrown them and they consider it a waste of time to ask you. If they suspect your wage demands are much higher than the other candidates, they won't asked you.

Nation contracts are different form Clubs; there's no interview process so they don't ask lots of people. They only approach the one they're offering the job to.

International experience helped me a lot. A trip to the Euro 20 semis with Albania, a team that could be rightly labelled as one of the dirtiest teams at the euros (set a new discipline record of 21 yellows/ 5 reds), and a ENL win in 2025 and runner up in 2027 for Denmark did give me some credibility. It also helped that England had a shocker at Euro 28, and I got the job then. If not, I was off to Colombia for a while.

I've had a similar problem with England, despite managing Italy to a World Cup, France to Euro Cup, doing well with a weak Spain got through to Semis of World Cup. Decided un the end to go where someone want me and ended up with Brazil, now if I can get
them to win something then maybe my home country will call. I'm also the top manager in the world.

Go for a smaller NT 1st. To get the England job, i proposed for Azerbaijan, to Ireland and England.

The 1st to reply was Azerbaijan, which i accepted for 2 days, since and invitation for Ireland was better, IMO.

In the Irish NT i stayed 1 week, since i got and invitation for England....

Nonetheless, i still had in my curriculum 3 NTs!!!