Why FA and police must come down hard on disgusting chants and abuse.

I believe that the answer must come from the fans or the clubs. They have make it stop. An exemple hapened in the Brazilian Superliga(voleyball). During a match, every time that the player Michael(he plays for Volei Futuro) had the ball, Cruzeiro fans were screaming "Bixa! Bixa!"("Queer! Queer!").
[video=youtube;hyGlYGSLknU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyGlYGSLknU&feature=related[/video]

During the second leg, at Volei Futuro's arena, the fans decided to support Michael, so, in answer to Cruzeiro's hate chants, they organized a "Pink Day".
[video=youtube;N5oPx01RCkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5oPx01RCkY&feature=fvst[/video]

Another example, the new 3rd kit of Vasco da Gama has a symbol that pays tribute to Vasco's history, as they were one of the first Brazilian teams do fight for racial rights, and they were even disqualified for some competitions for that. Under the "Hand", you can read "Respeito e Igualdade"(Respect and Equality)
Camisa_3_Vasco_2011_detp.jpg

Sadly though its part of the game, it shouldnt be but youll always get that element at a football game.

I was at Forest Leicester last week and heard a particular chant from the 'a block massive'; the ones closest to the away fans.

Kamara (i think) got the ball, and he fell over. Customary 'she fell over!' chant, then a block goes to make donkey noises at him for a bit. Could only feintly hear it though. Just some chants and abuse sadly are part of the game especially in heated derby matches, you'll always get it.

Arsenal fans don't tend to call his mother a *****.. The washing elephants thing I've not heard any Arsenal fans sing and I certainly don't. They may sing: "We have Arshavin, f*** Adebayor", though.

Last season Arsenal fans did sing about Ade and when he scored he ran the entire length of the pitch and celebrated infront of Arsenal fans.

Well then that's not acceptable. I wasn't at the match and don't remember what/if they sung but please - let's not make this about who sung what when. It's about general examples.

Joss, i was just correcting you, not pointing finger at anyone :)

Last edited:
How so? I know a few people who had relations who died at Hillsborough, they're directly offended no?

I meant generally - of course there ARE people who are offended, but 40,00 Liverpool fans aren't necessarily directly offended by the chants and yet still (perfectly rightly) feel offended by the chants because they're horrible and mindless.

Look - I'm not sure why everyone's getting on my back for various things; I'm not saying Arsenal fans are innocent in everything we do & I'm not trying to say that the Wenger chants are as offensive as others. This isn't a competition about who is most offended by chants from which club ffs. I just thought it was an interesting article and one that made a very good point - as ever, though people try to start arguments about whatever they can.

(Not aimed at you, Ben - just generally)