Why is Arvin Appiah so good in my game?

Manveru

Reaction score
Please take a look at the attached screenshot. This is Arvin Appiah, Almeria's player, near the end of season 2. As you can see, his stats are mediocre at best; however, he's a complete monster (tried him as AMR and SC and he excelled at both). His accomplishments:

- European Golden Boy 2020
- Spanish First Division Player of the Month twice in a season so far
- 20 goals scored in 28 games in First Division

And his value is already above 40 million! And despite all this, he:

- never gets International call-ups
- I never got a proper transfer offer for him

Why? Because going by his stats, the guy is ****, and the game KNOWS that.

So is there any explanation to this? How is a guy with such mediocre stats dominating Spanish First Division right now?

Attachments

• arvin.jpg
    arvin.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 1,746
Have you not considered that maybe his manager has found a way to get the best out of him? I'll sign him on my game and see what he's like. How have you been playing him?

Have you not considered that maybe his manager has found a way to get the best out of him? I'll sign him on my game and see what he's like. How have you been playing him?

His manager is me so, uh, thanks? :p

First I've been playing him on AMR as an IW. Basically full first season in Second Division, regular starter from day 1. He was mostly cutting inside, not trying to cross. For the second season I've moved him to SC position, to play as an AF alongside Rey Manaj (he outperformed Manaj massively though). To add to my first post, he actually got Golden Boot award (beating Mbappe) and won First Division top scorer trophy (beating Suarez). Then he said that he wants to move to a bigger club so I offloaded him to Inter for 51m lol.

Please let me know how he works for you if you sign him :)

I've sometimes seen "one season wonders" in the game. Like this guy. Amazing one season, then back to being average:

Attachments

• Gareth Beresford_ Attributes.png
    Gareth Beresford_ Attributes.png
    375.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Gareth Beresford_ Career Stats.png
    Gareth Beresford_ Career Stats.png
    318.7 KB · Views: 628