Why is Barcelona better than Real Madrid?

Freddah

Reaction score
I want you to help me find out what is the main reason(s) why Barcelona is better than Real Madrid. Is it the tactics, players or just luck.

please comment!

Youth system, quality of players bought in and trained throughout the years. The fact they have the best player in the world ontop of numerous other worldclass players for their respective positions. The most telling fact is that given the amount of money Barca has at their disposable, they are still a side that is dominated by spanish players, a good number of them having been trained at the club in their youth system.

do you guys think david villa will be sold this summer?

You mean IRL or in this game? IRL as stated above, they have a great youth system, and they have taken teamwork and passing playstyle to another level... In game? Not really better, maybe slightly in the beginning, but usually Real Madrid gets reinforcements pretty soon. In my last save I am in 2018, and they´ve won the champions league twice each (with one for Liverpool, Man City and Lyon)

Xani, Puyol and Villa might only have one last good season left in them, we shall see what happens after that.

Xavi, Puyol, Villa and Dani Alves

Plus they have made some brilliant new signings in Alexis Sanchez and Cesc Fabregas

And of course there is always Messi............

Not to mention they also have Mascherano, Busquets, Thiago Alcantara (plus some strong youth prospects like Deulofeu and Fermenia)

Isaac Cuenca looks pretty good too (wonder if his potential is higher this year)

Barca's strength is and always has been from the Midfield triangle. All these people rave on about Messi being the greatest. He is not, in fact his success can be more attributed to the like of Xavi and Iniesta. Now do not misunderstand me, Messi is an amazing players, Ive seen him get the ball 25 yards out dribble his way through 3-4 defenders leaving them all dizzy then scoring a goal, definitely a player that will leave his stamp on a generation. Now back the original point, Without the like of Xavi, Iniesta and a lesser degree Busquets, Messi wouldnt score half the goals he does, Xavi is a passing genius and Iniesta is one of the most unique midfielders ive seen, In tandem then wreck more havoc imo then Messi does on his own, the evidence being is that poor messi gets stuck shouldering all responsibility for Argentina. Xavi and Iniesta win titles at club and national level because they are foundation of success a team can be built (Like 2 CBs can be, for example Vidic and Ferdinand circa 2008), Messi cannot (Or hasnt yet) do it by himself.

My ramblings aside, Its definitly because there midfield is the best in the world, one of the best in history. Madrid can spend millions on Ozil, Ronaldo and Kaka but they will never be able to give the experience that Barca's youth system did for Xavi and Iniesta, How do you challenge a partnership and relationship thats been there for years, you cant.

Barcelona develop world class players that are taught from a young age to play the way Barcelona way. Pique, Messi and Fabregas all played in the same team before turning pro. You can't buy that kind of experience or chemistry developed over the years. Their youngsters go into the first team knowing how to play, rather than Madrid who sign an army superstars who may need time to adapt to a certain managers tactic, which also doesn't help when they are constantly changing manager. Barcelona have their core strength from the youth team, then sign the missing links for the unfilled positions.

Madrid can buy all the players they want, but they can still only field 11 men at one time who need to find a way to stop Messi from scoring, to get possession off Xavi and to get around a no bs defender like Puyol. And so far, nobody has found a way to consistently do this.