Darynf93

Reaction score
What's your most favourite thing about football manager?

I can impress friends with my FM-lingo when watching football in pubs.

Taking a level 10 club to the dizzy heights of the Npower football league or in some cases the Prem. So worth the hard work.

I can impress friends with my FM-lingo when watching football in pubs.

Agreed, also i love football and get magazines from britain and europe to keep on top of the game. I love to find out more about players, teams and tactics.

The fact hat SI is usually spot-on on good prospects.

I like the little circles running around in the 2D engine above all else really.

The Unpredictability and the way you can play out that fairytale football story, as ajt09 says taking smaller teams to the top and such is what makes this game amazing.

Sometimes it takes a while to get into a game, but once your into it its awesome. Taking a mediocre club to the top leagues/comps is satisfying (even though im not even a favored person yet ?).

Also when mates etc try to describe some unknown player and you know everything about him lol.

Sometimes it takes a while to get into a game, but once your into it its awesome. Taking a mediocre club to the top leagues/comps is satisfying (even though im not even a favored person yet ?).

Also when mates etc try to describe some unknown player and you know everything about him lol.

Ah yes, Football Manager has made me into a Football Scholar! And my friends now hate me for it :p

It's a game which you can't complete it so it's playable all year round unlike most other games which people complete in about 4 days then don't play, not to mention the achievements are solid, 20 MOTY awards, i'm only on about 9.

* it's game that fulfills your fantasy
* it's game with so many possibilities
* it's improving your knowledge about football in general
* one game can took hundreds of hours and still can be entertaining
* new version is released every year - it gets more realistic, attributes are more accurate
* when your girlfriend isn't home, you have your FM!
* there is no winter break with FM, you can play in December
* when you see a good young player somewhere on TV, you can't wait to look at him in your game
* you can beat the **** out of your rivals with your favourite club
and the last one and most important for me: if you have enough fantasy, you can feel the great atmosphere of football world and community everytime you want (H)

It's amazing how a game such as FM, a "glorified spreadsheet", can seem so much more realistic than a game that costs hundreds of millions to produce. Plus it lets you fulfil all the dreams you had as a kid.

EDIT: Miles Jacobson might be able to help you out here: Why is it so addictive?

"I think it’s the fact that we allow the player to create their own universe. You have the freedom to do whatever you want. Choose any path you want. Be any kind of person you want – our choices are not just about being good or evil.
It’s something we’ve improved for this latest version by adding the ability to choose the tone in which your manager interacts with players. It allows you to treat somebody like Paul Scholes a bit differently from the likes of Balotelli.
It all helps allow the person playing the game to create their own universe and their own story and that’s why people get so absorbed into it. I know people who put suits on when they’re in cup finals. I know people who do press conferences in the mirror – looking at themselves and pretending that the press are there."

Last edited:
The ability to live vicariously in the world of football management!

Finding players, training them, making different types of tactics, trying new formations, so many things!

Ah yes, Football Manager has made me into a Football Scholar! And my friends now hate me for it :p

Them times when you have to remember whether it actually happened or it was on your FM game tho hahaha!