If you haven't got the latest patch, you should get it.

Selling was much more difficult on previous patches, and it has been fixed in the 11.2.1 patch.

If you do have the latest patch, I've found it relatively easy to sell players, with offering them being highly effective, even if there is little/no interest, so you should try that.

Edit:
As for the effect, the player you transfer list is affected most, with him potentially getting upset, but I don't believe it harms the team as a whole. Of course, apart from the unhappy player, but if you manage to sell him quickly it's really nothing to be concerned about.

Last edited:
really?

in patch 11.2.1, I can't sell players even for free when managing in lower leagues

really?

in patch 11.2.1, I can't sell players even for free when managing in lower leagues

You're absolutely right, I forgot to ask what team he is managing. And, of course, in which league. It can make a huge difference.

Players in lower leagues are easily replaceable, at many times with a free option, unfortunately, so it's understandable.

Still a pain in the *** though, not getting any transfer fees when you're working your way up, while you could very much use it...