DBoler

Reaction score
So after reading tread after tread it seems that everyone has same problem in picking a team.

My opinion for this is Southampton. They are the perfect team for football manager they have money to spend, you can use your own footballing philosophy and they have an amazing track record of finding some of the best young players. Where as my favorite team Sheffield Wednesday is just a nightmare to manage (not complaining i know it's part of the game).

I probably could write more about this and make it sound like I'm a grumpy old man . But let me know you opinions.

DB

It's because there's so many playable leagues and teams in the normal DB, then wizards go and make more for us to play with.

It's like walking into the worlds biggest lolly/candy shop when you were 8 and your mum and dad saying that "you can only pick 1, so chose wisely." It's too much to take in!

Start unemployed. work your way up, that's what I am doing now. It gives you something to play for. My goal is to be the Manager of Man UTD as they are set as my Fav Team.

I went with West Brom, they have small transfer budget. But plenty of players to sell.

yeah i think you hit the nail on the head

Start unemployed. work your way up, that's what I am doing now. It gives you something to play for. My goal is to be the Manager of Man UTD as they are set as my Fav Team.

+1 This is the only way I've ever played and I find moving up to be so much **** fun lol. The first time I played I went from the lowest Swedish division to Chelsea.

One thing I don't do is set a favorite team because I think the game gives you a higher shot of getting hired by a favored club? One year (FM12 or 13) I had it set to Munich, and I got an offer while contracted to Sparta Prague. I was having all kinds of success at Prague, but I always felt like I hadn't really earned the Munich job.

+1 This is the only way I've ever played and I find moving up to be so much **** fun lol. The first time I played I went from the lowest Swedish division to Chelsea.

One thing I don't do is set a favorite team because I think the game gives you a higher shot of getting hired by a favored club? One year (FM12 or 13) I had it set to Munich, and I got an offer while contracted to Sparta Prague. I was having all kinds of success at Prague, but I always felt like I hadn't really earned the Munich job.

I'm only on my 3rd season. Started in the lowest Portuguese league, now I'm with Berwick Rangers and Have got them promoted to Scottish League 1.

Its a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll - Jack Black (School of Rock)

I'm only on my 3rd season. Started in the lowest Portuguese league, now I'm with Berwick Rangers and Have got them promoted to Scottish League 1.

Its a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll - Jack Black (School of Rock)

Oh sorry, I meant the first time I ever played FM. In 15, I started unemployed, first job was in the Polish second division, got promoted first season, spent another season with the team, resigned, took a job midseason in Sky Bet 1. In the following season now, hoping to get promoted.

Something I haven't done in the past is stay with a team for a long time (I think my record was 3 years and change). I always got bored with the same routine, or couldn't resist offers made by bigger teams. When I switched over to England this time around, that' what I wanted to do, stay with the team for while and take them as far as I can...but we'll see.

To be honest starting a save unemployed seems very very hard to me although I am not new in the game. Since I am from Greece my first or second save is allways with Olympiakos and I try to reach the Champion's League Final . I managed it fm2012 and fm2013 (where I won it) and reached the semi finals in fm14. Maybe this year I am gonna try something even harder, bringing my birthtown team "Kalamata" back to Greece First devision (Superleague)

when you start unemployed, do you guys start with the lowest experience and coaching badge as well or what?

tah

when you start unemployed, do you guys start with the lowest experience and coaching badge as well or what?

tah

I started with National C License. Its difficult starting from the bottom, but totally worth it. In the past games Ive done the typical, Go one of the best teams and win everything, like everyone does, theres no achievement in that what so ever. I didnt feel any sense of achievement either.

In my Save now I have more of a sense of achievement, I haven't won any trophies, only gained promotion with the teams I have Managed.

2014/2015 - Sousense (Portuguese National Championship)
2015/2016 - Berwick Rangers (Scottish League 2) Promoted.
2016/2017 - Berwick Rangers (Scottish League 1) Promoted.
2017/2018 - Tunisia (Brief Spell)
2017/2018 - Rayo (Liga Adelante) Promoted.

By far my favorite save ever. I'm still National C License.

tah

In previous years, I always started with "automatic" for experience, which is basically no experience. This year, I started a little higher, enough to give me 10-15 on some of the tactical categories, with just enough left over for 20 in fitness training.

Edit: Actually one year I remember starting at a higher experience level, which led to my first job with FC Groningen (sp?) in Holland. I'd say I enjoyed that season about half as much, at most, as other years when I started at rock bottom.