stevee10001

Reaction score
In my 2nd season as tottenham and have 3 defensive midfielders that get played regularly (sandro,nampalys mendy and huddlestone played usually in that order). They are played in a central midield role as a ball winning mid on defence which gives me the support in midfields i like for the attacking players.

My problem is every other player is averaging around the 7.20 mark but for some reason i cant get this position in my squad to get anything above 6.90! any reasons why this might be so low compared to everyone else?

I get the exact same thing, the defensive mids rating is most of the time slightly lower than the other players, don't know why and haven't found a fix - had the same problem on FM10

Having this problem with strikers and attacking/centre mids. Every other player gets straight 7s. I reckon it has something to do with teamtalks?

It's usually like that because they very rarely get the chance to do any "good" moves that increases their rating.

A defensive ball-winning midfielder or (non-playmaker) DMC will usually only do easy short passes and stay back when attacking, not allowing for any rating gains for offensive actions, as well as extremely few assists and goals. And in defense the center backs are usually the ones who stop crosses and do the important challenges, not leaving many "big moves" for the defensive midfielders.

So, like in real life, they get very little credit even when performing excellent...

i normally play my DM's as a CM as a ball winning midfielder (support)/box to box/central mid (defend) depending on who it is, and they get good ratings usually.

obviously that wouldnt work if you NEED a DM position in yoir formation, but try editing your formation and add a BWM(S) / BTB / CM(D) in there.