LLCoolDave

Reaction score

Can someone please help me point out why my I've got my tactics so badly wrong? :-(

All of the players in my team are Current Ability 150+ minimum, so I know I have good players. Also, I do not 'rock the boat' and buy too many players - I've kept most of the squad - so I know the problem has to be my tactics.

Basically I am Liverpool, and trying to play an aggressive, high, attacking 4-2-3-1, like Germany did at Euro 2012, and how Roberto Di Matteo's Chelsea are playing now : a high defensive line, two ball-winning midfielders, three trequartistas roaming where they want behind a complete forward.

I play this tactic with Liverpool, and it doesn't matter who I play : West Brom, Fulham, Arsenal, United - I either lose or fail to hold on to a lead.

Can someone help me tweak this or point out why it is failing so badly..? :-(

When playing with a high defensive line and closing down all over the pitch, you will need players that really work for your team. A treq does not offer anything when your team does not have the ball. I would not suggest combining ONE treq with a heavily closing down formation. You are using three. Change them to AMC's or APL's or IF's.