lethulity

Reaction score
title says it all... why is the number of players of play MLS teams so low? in my opinion, the MLS represents the hardest challenge in the game because of its regulations and the fact that your best players are 35.

Erm, tried it, found it very boring. All these weird rules make it seem like Basketball/are too American!

but its very tactic heavy because of the regulatons..isnt that what people want? not a game where the richest team wins but the best tactical superior team wins?

People find the MLS too limiting to be fun.

All leagues are tactic heavy if you want them to be, you can win any league without being the richest.

Played for 3 seasons on previous save it was ok but the rules where too restrictive and draft picks just seemed pointless to me

Had a good 7 season save there on FM12, too complicated though :S

I really enjoy the MLS I also follow it and the other american sports aswell as the best sport AUSSIE RULES!!! as I like the System of the low teams get priority picks of the next generations best players, it does sometimes cause tanking in real life, but im pretty sure if we tank in the game we would get sacked. but yeah it causes teams to go through redevelopment phases once their best players retire. I like it! :)

Every man's meat is another man's poison.

I love the Brazilian leagues myself ....

I enjoyed playing a save for a couple of seasons in MLS. Winning the MLS Cup is a real challenge as the playoffs are tough. I did manage to win the Supporters Shield, MLS Cup and CONCACAF Champions League in my three seasons with Real Salt Lake, but never more than one trophy per season.

The MLS rules and system is really byzantine, but if you're bored of the same old FM experience, MLS provides good variety.

Every man's meat is another man's poison.

I love the Brazilian leagues myself ....

I have a love hate relationship with the Brazilian leagues. The state championships is basically a nice long pre-season if you're a good team and gives you a chance to try out all your youngsters etc. But if you're a small team it's not the greatest morale boost being beaten 3 or 4-0 20 times before the real season even begins.

Oh and don't get me started on the playoff system in the third tier. Very frustrating. Think there's around 100 teams but only 2 get promoted.

I have a love hate relationship with the Brazilian leagues. The state championships is basically a nice long pre-season if you're a good team and gives you a chance to try out all your youngsters etc. But if you're a small team it's not the greatest morale boost being beaten 3 or 4-0 20 times before the real season even begins.

Oh and don't get me started on the playoff system in the third tier. Very frustrating. Think there's around 100 teams but only 2 get promoted.

Serie C? There's two regional leagues of only ten teams, if you finish in the top 4 and then win the first round of the 8-team play-offs (putting you in the top 4 overall), you're up. It's probably the easiest league to get promoted from in the game. In my first save in FM13 I managed to take the mighty Chapecoense from a relegation spot to promotion after taking the job halfway through the season, coming second in the playoffs. Is this 100-team league in one of the state championships?