Saltydog1690

Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to design my own tactic and was surprised how successful it was so I offer it to the community for feedback and testing.
Here's the league table from last year:

View attachment 156690

I used the same tactic in every game and saw a significant points improvement from previous seasons.

It's an attacking 4-2-3-1 that utilizes overlapping full backs and ball retention as well as an aggressive tackling game.

Here's the formation and player roles:

View attachment 156689

I'll post the TI's and download link underneath due to url restrictions.

Dream team and all players on 100% fitness/sharpness makes this look dodgy, but what the **** i'll try it.

Cheers man let me know how it works for you, I used some downloaded tactics in previous seasons and this was a noticeable improvement. The players were all 100% due to me using the remove injury function in the editor, I wanted my full strength team be visible in the picture but the game was not saved once screenshot.

For any one who wants to know pre-season training is mainly focused on fitness at very high for a few weeks then match tactics for the rest. OI's are usually allocated automatically but I always make sure to manually close down and mark the CF's and occasionally wingers and cam depending on opposition. Basically any serious threat gets closed down. I do tend to pick up a lot of cards due to nature of the TI's but I have a very low aggression team meaning reds are rare so you may need to dial it back if that's not the case for you.

I like it !
I play with Man Utd and from when i put your tactic last 9 games ( 8 1 0 )
Do you have anything useful for training ?

Well for a tactic with attacking mentality that's an impressive defensive record: to concede 13 goals in the premier league is amazing! (a piece of advise: don't mess with editors, you lose a lot of credibility with all those unrealistic 100% in your team fitness, even if it was only for motive you said it was).

Last edited:
I like it !
I play with Man Utd and from when i put your tactic last 9 games ( 8 1 0 )
Do you have anything useful for training ?

That's awesome! Glad you like it, once tactical familiarity is maxed I tend to have it set to balanced at average intensity with attacking movement for match preparation, the amount of match preparation is usually set near max but I've dialled it down recently.

Well for a tactic with attacking mentality that's an impressive defensive record: to concede 13 goals in the premier league is amazing! (a piece of advise: don't mess with editors, you lose a lot of credibility with all those unrealistic 100% in your team fitness, even if it was only for motive you said it was).

Yeah that's more than fair as I know you have no way of verifying what I say is true, but it was never used to gain an advantage. Originally it was purchased for a save where I built a local team out of people I knew (including myself of course xD).
This year I created a version 2 which was far more direct and my results suffered conceding 9 in the first 12 games so I doubt my defensive record will be so good this time round but so far after switching back to this tactic my record has been: Played 9 won 8 drew 1 scored 26 conceded 3 (two of these games were club world championship hence why so many goals.)