Why the "Golden Generation" of English Players is still to come

mwcolk

Reaction score
So, after playing 6 seasons as England Manager on FM10, my thoughts on the next generation of England players has been proven correct. I won all competitions - 2010,2012,2014 and finally 2016 before deciding to resign and take the management job at Aston Villa.

Using players such as Huddlestone, Young, Wilshere, Agbonlahor, Shawcross, Joe Hart, Mancienne, Mattock to name just a few, whilst keeping the likes of Terry, Gerrard and Rooney playing alongside regularly, it's quite exciting to see what England can achieve...

I like looking at things like this in game to see how it will develop. On my longest save however, I won WC with Ivory Coast in 2014 and 2018 and unfortunately, England were nowhere. Way down the rankings.

I find that the English and French national teams are way overrated in this game compared to real world achievements.

In my game, england beat france in the final of the world cup...it's totally different from the real world...in the real world, jack wilshire is going to be the best english player in a long time, but in FM i've onl once seen him become really good.

Well TBH I don't see the next crop as having the same sort of internal issues. Most of the young kids being touted as the next gen seem to be genuine and seem willing to sacrifice their game for a win.

Honestly I don't see any of the current u21's or u19's doing a Lampard whining in the middle of the pitch while the other team runs past him up the middle of the park and scores. I don't see anyone pulling a Terry off the pitch either. Don't know it just seeems there's fewer self centred types . Also Rooney is still a kid by the next one comes around I doubt he'll be as temperamental. In terms of attitude the next England squad will be a lot better, whether they're world beaters is a different story

yes but maybe that's what we need, less individual talent and get some players that are willing to play for each other and who are willing to play whatever role best suits the team and actually stick to that role.

and to prove how unrealistic fm is portugal failed to make the 2010 world cup on my save with bosnia coming 4th losing the playoff to cameroon although spain still beat france in the final. but the rest of the major teams apart from germany failed to make the quarters with england out at the group stage with 4 points.

Cant really base what happens in fm will be anything like real life.i won the world cup in 2014 with ireland.
Does that mean its going to happen?no.even though its fun to look at how things work out in game i wouldnt state that a certain player or team is going to be the best. it al goes down to luck as to how the game develops.
england have always had the potential but the media always builds the team up to much before competitions and ultimately the pressure gets too much for them.
England will have sucess as long as the media keep their nose out and people stop talking of a repeat of 66.