Why these kids are not improving that much? This training is such a mystery!!

BangBusDriver

Reaction score
First of all, I love Football Manager. I've wasted hours, days, weeks and months playing this game because I enjoy the thrills of building my own empire and learn from my mistakes along the way. But I have a problem.

I read on the forums that the best training for kids (14 - 19 years old) is to train their physical attributes such as quickness, stamina and strength. I trained quickness for kids such as Odegaard, Bakkali and Roberts but not much of an improvement.

I am currently on my second season and i have 4.5 stars coaches on U-18, U-21 and Senior squad.

My coaches are suggesting different training for my players. Example, my coach is suggesting first touch training on Roberts, first touch training on Odegaard and Off the Ball for Bakkali.

1. Should I follow my coaches' suggestion and ignore their physical training? Sometimes players will even complain that the training I want is not beneficial to them. **** Odegaard, you have poor stamina and you think that training your stamina is not beneficial to you???

2. Should I increase the player training workload? Example, Bakkali is on Stamina training on average but the workload is already Heavy. Increasing the Stamina training to Heavy will make the workload Very Heavy.

3. I have model professional player (Westermann) but he doesn't want to train with my young, hot prospect CBs such as Mammana. It is frustrating because I bought him just to train my young CBs and he only wants to train my useless academy players.

4. The squad already mastered my tactics (fluid) so I changed my general training into attacking to improve my players' attacking capabilities. When should I change my general training?

5. And lastly, who are some good players to tutor my young ones. Vallejo is learning from his own until now, because this Westermann has man-love for my academy players. I will see you later Westermann after work! I will loan you to Molde!!!