Why upgrade Training / Youth facilities?

mitchell.sam

Reaction score
Why do it other than to use a lot of money? I can see upgrading the youth facilities maybe could lead to producing better players, but that has not happened in my experience. As far as training facilities go, does it do anything or is it as meaningful as your manager salary?

On a completely different note, why does every single header of mine, even from very skilled aerial players, go flying over the bar even from right in front of goal?

you cant expect all headers to go in, mate. i think its more of a luck thing, though i do get some goals as well, but not much. better youth facilities by right should get you better regens, though i myself is not convinced as well, whereas better training facilities combined with good coaches will ensure that your players improve in their stats.

all i know is that as soon as your board decides to do the upgrading, there's nothing you can do to stop it :'(

The problem is, I asked them to improve the training facilities and they agreed. However, the stars for training haven't improved at all. That has to do with the coaches, not the facilities. And as far as I can tell, there hasn't been a noticeable improvement in stats either. Probably a waste of my very meager funds (managing small Spanish side Hercules).

I don't think it makes a difference to anything...It just looks nice on the facilities screen..I jut do it cos i'm man city, so i might as well....the same thing happens to me about headers...even dzeko who has like 19 heading misses from like on the goal line, doesn't make sense..buy hey, we have tp live with it...

if you got good youth coaches with high working with youngsters stat good regens seems to come through your youth ranks

Improving facilitiese will, with a mixture of the right schedule and right coaches, will enable your players to increase their stats quicker. I think it also increases the chance of your clubs regens being wonderkids/high potential.

I think that the quality of your training facilities means that your coaches get more stars and so improves the training; and I think that the youth facilities effects the quality of your regens.

And it also can help when trying to sign players. I have had a few that said they joind because they are looking forward to using the clubs training facilities.

training facilities do not improve training stars. I believe it improves production though.

Training facilities are mostly for attracting new talent, it adds to your reputation and you can bring in better players like watson said.

As for youth facilities, they most certainly help, I always play as lower division sides, and upgrading does produce better regens as well as adding to your reputation.

better facilities helps to acquire players, expecially at lower levels. ie a player moving to the championship may choose one mid table team over another due to better facilities. i dont know how fm replicates this but better facilities means less chance of injury. remember the rumours a few years back that no-one wanted to go to newcastle becuase the training pitch was awful and was being blamed for a number of knee and hamstring injuries to big players.

youth facilites does mean better regens but regen production is also based on the fifa ranking of the nation they are from and also the reputation of the club they are created at. their development is also down to the ability of your coaching staff.

and also i have noticed that the stats of coaches, especially young/inexperienced ones (usually recently retired players) improve much more at clubs with better facilities

this is certainly an interesting one..certaily didnt know that!

So what does "working with youngsters" stat do for coaches anyway? Does it affect the quality of regens you get as suggested earlier in this thread?

not necessarily their quality when they are generated, but a youth coahc with 20 for working with youngsters will certainly be more effective at nurturing that talent than a youth coahc witha a stat of 1

But what if the Working w/ Youngsters is 20 but all his stats are really low (ie a 2 star coach)? Do you need both?

If you have a higher Ww/Youth will they bring in more players who list them as favored personnel?

a combination of both is required to be an effective coah yes, also important are discipline, motivation and determination.

any staff member who is listed as favoured personell by a player increases your chances of acquiring his signature

On a similar, subject you know it tells you average ticket price and season ticket price? do these stay the same throughout the game or do they increase/decrease?

the more successful u are, the more the club will charge on the whole. its also down to the quality of the stadium and the reputation of the players you sign.

if your stadium is only half full every week then your board are unlikely to raise prices until you win more trophies or sign bigger players which should raise crowd numbers

Im pretty sure high youth facilities get the players higher stars.

Training facilities affects what individual focus you can train your players at. For instance my training facilities are fairly basic, and I have very few choices, for example: I can't train my players in tacking, marking, technical skills, off the ball and positioning skills. I'm not sure if you can train for things like aggression and work rate, but I do know that the best facilities do allow for the training options that mine are lacking.

*On side not since we're talking about it, determination can be increased among your youth by assigning them to tutors who have higher determination than them, however if the youth player has higher determination, then his determination stat stat will drop to the same as his tutor.

Last edited: