Why Wimbledon is better than the World Cup

tennis_flasher.jpg

or that.

Clearly not when football is being called soccer.

3. The golden era
Tennis is experiencing one of the greatest eras in its history, with the Federer/Nadal rivalry at the top of the men's game providing excitement and spectacular matches..

Hahaa, craked me up that in the "golden era" there are only 2 golden players. Basically every point made in the article can so easily be countered by the average football fan especially as the article refers only to the current world cup but seemingly every Wimbledon finals played. Whatever tennis is baltantly a smaller sport then football, no atmosphere, little excitment even in the biggest games and far too repetative. Nice to see them making an attempt though.

Depends, I enjoy both events, it just so happens that The World Cup is on at the same time :'(

Neither is better than the other.

/Thread

I prefer football, but I also enjoy the tennis occasionally.

I'd go as far to say I prefer the tennis, but I do play far more tennis than football so it's understandable. No-one can prove either is better so it's just individual preference. I do wish they were on at different times though, I've had to miss two good games for the Mahut-Isner marathon match.

Why the World Cup is better then Wimbledon....

....Because its Football :)

tennis does have some really good matches like federer roddick last year and mahut isner for the past 3 days and to be honest there havent been any wonderful matches yet in the world cup this year

well, its a sport that does bring together the uk.. if im right? i think thats a good thing

Play both, love both, couldn't choose between.