pkingara

Reaction score
Updated: Wide diamond v3

Wanted to create a diamond formation, as I hadn't seen any on the forum. TO DOWNLOAD SEE LATEST VERSION (V3) IN COMMENTS (won't let me paste a link here for some reason).

With the tactic, I walked the league with Arsenal and I am currently top of the league with Villarreal after 18 games (only signing was Paddy McNair on loan, after losing most of my CBs to injury - had 8 first team players out for the first three months too).

Works with lower league too. I won the Conference with Forest Green Rovers and finished 1st in my first season in League 2 (media prediction 23rd). Screenshots below

Training: recommend focusing on match tactics until the tactic is fluid - that's when you start to get the full benefit. After that, I tend to use a defending and Att. positioning.

Opposition instructions: You can let the assistant manager set it for you, but if your players start getting pulled out of position change it promptly. I tend not to use any, as the players have quite prescriptive roles already.

Preferable to have creative wide players (e.g. decent passing, vision stats), as the idea of the tactic is for the wide players to cut in and help dominate in the middle of the pitch, which will then either: lead to an opening for the strikers or create space for the wing backs to stretch the defence and put crosses in. It is important however, that the MR/ML does have a strong right/left foot, as they will tend to put crosses in from wide (should get a few assists as a result).

I have used the corners in 'Devastator!'

Any tweaks or improvements welcome!

Last edited:
Do you make any in game changes for either chasing a goal or defending a lead etc? Looks good, going to test soon

Great, thanks - look forward to hearing how you get on. But as stated above, important to get the tactic fluid as quickly as possible (friendlies etc.)

In terms of in-game management, I try not to alter too much in terms of attacking. If still behind at around 70-75 minute, I will change the DM to DLP (s) (regista may work too, but will leave you open) and click "roam from positiosn" for the wide players.

In-game management is necessary for cards - you will get a few red cards. If a player gets booked early, I will take off the tackle harder instruction for them but only if necessary.

If I need to hold on to a game, I will select "play fairly narrow" and shorter passing. This often kills the game, and restricts the other teams chances.

I've been having success with using antonio valencia on the right.

Even though you suggest more inside forward type players in the wide positions, do you believe having a right on the right left on the left could be beneficial?

Definitely! Sorry, should have been clearer. While it is important that they are creative (i.e decent passing and vision), they will be crossing a lot so need to have a strong right/left foot (depending on the side) to put those crosses in.

So Valencia on the right would work well, as did Oxlade/walcott on the right for Arsenal or Dos Santos for Villarreal for example.

Ah i see! Plugged the tactic in for the last 8 games of the season, managed 7 wins and 1 draw. Obviously tactic nowhere near full fluidity. Looks very promising.

first game won 3-1 . not fluid at all. will give SS later. Seems good, i liked it

Great - thank you both for trying it out. Definitely do post screen shots, keen to see how it works for others!

Would this work in lower leagues do you think ?

Has been updated - please do post screen shots if you try it

Am I blind I don't see the link? Interested in trying this since there's a lack of good 2 striker tactics that also have wm or wingers.

Three promotions in a row

We've done it, three promotions in a row!!!

Last edited: