iDood

Reaction score
I've just been promoted with Crystal Palace and it's Summer 2013. I'm planning on playing a rigid 4-4-2 and I think I'm going to need hard-workers in the midfield. I signed Simao from Shandong for £85k and Ademilson (shock) but I'm in need of natural wide-midfielders in particular. I'm looking at Dejan Skolnik for around £1m, looks a bargain with high work-rate and reasonable technical stats.

Can anyone think of fairly cheap wide-midfielders (NOT WINGERS) that are team-players? Also, a cheap right-back would be useful, Peruzzi was my first choice before, but his work permit was turned down and I've since realised I need the funds elsewhere. Cheers!

Seb Larsson should be cheap but I cant think of any other wide midfielders (I only know Seb is cos I've got a Sunderland save).

Maybe marc albrighton? very good crossing, which is vital as most goals comes from crosses these days

Cheers for the suggestions guys, Larsson looks to be a touch too expensive, about £4m, while Brunt and Albrighton both moved during the first season so I don't think I'll be able to get either. I might go for Nathan Redmond, he's naturally a right midfielder, and although he's not too hardworking, with Skolnik on the other wing I might be able to afford myself the luxury of a flair player who can add something on the counter.

Cheers for the suggestions guys, Larsson looks to be a touch too expensive, about £4m, while Brunt and Albrighton both moved during the first season so I don't think I'll be able to get either. I might go for Nathan Redmond, he's naturally a right midfielder, and although he's not too hardworking, with Skolnik on the other wing I might be able to afford myself the luxury of a flair player who can add something on the counter.

Nathan Redmond is a beast. Got him for Liverpool first season and actually carried the team at times. I'd bring him on last half hour and he'd get 2 goals and 2 assists :D