Montanaro

Reaction score
What effect does the wide play setting have on AMCs and center strikers?

If I set my team to play wide, and set my amc to hug touchline, will he favor moving from the center of the pitch towards the touchline any?

I'm looking for something in between AMC and AM winger, and was wondering if this would work?

I think this when they are in possession of the ball, they will tend to drift wide and leave their affirmed position. Depending on the crossing setting and his PPMs is what will determine what he would do with the ball.

An example of this is if you have set him to cross 'Near Post' and one of his PPMs is to cut inside or move into the channels between the opposition defence. The most likely is that, when he is in possession of the ball, he will then beat his man, or cut back onto the inside and drag is marker, then cross to the near post.

It is also worth noting that Creative Freedom determines whether or not he will actually perform these instructions, so it is advised that you have a player who is mentally strong and tactically spot-on, otherwise they may waste possession and chances.

Good idea though between the AMC and winger, has some relations to the modern-day winger.

I have a young aussie AML who retrained to AMC, and I'm thinking to get a bit more wide play, I could get him to alternate between the two roles.

The reason being is I'm so sick of the 4-3-2-1 that every single person runs (even the ai). Just trying to find my own tactical niche with the xmas tree formation.

I have a young aussie AML who retrained to AMC, and I'm thinking to get a bit more wide play, I could get him to alternate between the two roles.

The reason being is I'm so sick of the 4-3-2-1 that every single person runs (even the ai). Just trying to find my own tactical niche with the xmas tree formation.

I think that if you're going to do this, play to his best and attributes.

If he is fast and technically-gifted, get him to move into the channels and get past his man with skill, then cross to the far post. If he is not really fast, but creative and tactical, then get him to cut onto the inside and cross near post. Tends to work well because he'll know where to place the ball. Work on his Crossing if it's poor.

--

The thing with the X-Mas tree formation is that the AMC's act like second and third strikers. They should move into the channels and support the striker whenever and wherever. The three midfielders should have a Deep-Lying Playmaker and two central midfielders that play either narrowly and are like destroyers with the playmaker, or play wide and have the fullbacks in overlap.

With the 4-2-3-1, you can actually have a narrow one (with there not being wingers) and have them as AMC's, and edit their Player Instructions to a winger so that they act like them with similarities. Vary it and have one cut inside and the other move into the channels. Have the mentally-strong AMC cut inside and the faster move into the channels.

Apologies for such a long response.

I think that if you're going to do this, play to his best and attributes.

If he is fast and technically-gifted, get him to move into the channels and get past his man with skill, then cross to the far post. If he is not really fast, but creative and tactical, then get him to cut onto the inside and cross near post. Tends to work well because he'll know where to place the ball. Work on his Crossing if it's poor.

--

The thing with the X-Mas tree formation is that the AMC's act like second and third strikers. They should move into the channels and support the striker whenever and wherever. The three midfielders should have a Deep-Lying Playmaker and two central midfielders that play either narrowly and are like destroyers with the playmaker, or play wide and have the fullbacks in overlap.

With the 4-2-3-1, you can actually have a narrow one (with there not being wingers) and have them as AMC's, and edit their Player Instructions to a winger so that they act like them with similarities. Vary it and have one cut inside and the other move into the channels. Have the mentally-strong AMC cut inside and the faster move into the channels.

Apologies for such a long response.

I'm not really interested in a 3-1, I was yesterday, but I came to the conclusion that 4 possible strikers was a bit unfair.

How would I change the AMC instruction to winger btw? Or do you mean move him to the wing as an AML/R?

Right now I'm playing with a central ball winning midfielder, a support CM and an attack CM, with a trequartista at AM (to take advantage of my players high creativity/flair) and the other as AMC attack. I also have my sidebacks set as wingbacks, and they do a pretty good job of overlapping, but it can cause defensive problems since I have no DM.

I'm not really interested in a 3-1, I was yesterday, but I came to the conclusion that 4 possible strikers was a bit unfair.

How would I change the AMC instruction to winger btw? Or do you mean move him to the wing as an AML/R?

Right now I'm playing with a central ball winning midfielder, a support CM and an attack CM, with a trequartista at AM (to take advantage of my players high creativity/flair) and the other as AMC attack. I also have my sidebacks set as wingbacks, and they do a pretty good job of overlapping, but it can cause defensive problems since I have no DM.

I mean have their affirmed position as an AMC, but change his Player Instructions to a winger's (or AML/R) Player Instructions.

Could change the Ball-Winning CM to support and the other to Automatic, with custom Player Instructions and a much more creative CM on attack.

Vary your fullbacks to Automatic and Support, so that atleast one side is defensively covered.

What effect does the wide play setting have on AMCs and center strikers?

If I set my team to play wide, and set my amc to hug touchline, will he favor moving from the center of the pitch towards the touchline any?

I'm looking for something in between AMC and AM winger, and was wondering if this would work?

Hi...

I like to play a 3-4-2-1 formation, and i have the same problem...

I have only one player that does this... Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)...

I think Only players who have run to right or left moves works...

Sorry, my english.