callamity

Reaction score
Hi lads,

with fm16 just around the corner and having missed a couple posts asking for this, I thought it would be a good time to put out my favoured tactic for fm15. It is a 4231, which uses attacking and fluid, My current save is on LFCMarshalls update and this is where my screenies have come from. This tactic plays the best football I have seen so far in any save, and often dominates possession. There is also the player note that they enjoy the teams style of play.

The formation and team instructions

View attachment 226065 View attachment 226064

Player roles and requirements:

sweeper keeper: playing with a high defensive line this is required, player should be quick off his line, high bravery, teamwork and goalkeeping stats etc.

the fullbacks: good defensive fullbacks with a high crossing stat, these will be the main width in the team providing crosses. pace, teamwork and bravery are all good stats to keep in mind.

CB's: a pair of pacey CB's with good anticipation and aerial prowess for the long ball over the top. again bravery and teamwork is key in this area.

DMC: The main anchor, bravery, teamwork, good tackling. Must have high stamina and pace to cover ground and cover for attacking fullbacks.

DLP: as above but with good passing, vision, composure. The team will look for him to initiate counter attacks, and to play out from the back.

AMC: the main creator, passing vision, composure, dribbling. pace and off the ball are key here. aswell as bravery and team work so he doesnt shrink from his defensive duties.

Inside forwards: pace, dribbling, passing, finishing, off the ball. These guys will look to work the ball into the box, playing cut backs, looking to get on the end of through balls or lay offs.

DLF: the main man up top big targetman type striker will look to spearhead attacks, hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. an all round action man.

There are no PI's

League table for the last couple seasons:( I tried something different in first season, didnt like it)

View attachment 226068 View attachment 226067

performance: These are all players who start at newcastle on lfc's update. I have struggled to keep mitrovic fit apart from one season.

View attachment 226062 View attachment 226061View attachment 226060 View attachment 226059

Opposition instructions:

set to assistant manager I kept Ian Cathro and tbh havent checked his tactical knowledge etc

I have including short corners in the upload as most will add them anyways. I dont use this in my saves.

here's a beautiful team play leading to goal!

[video=youtube;ivq9dfYjNoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivq9dfYjNoY[/video]

Thanks brah

any questions just ask

Last edited:
Tried BBM (S) instead of DLP (D) ?
I find the DLP quite useless in this years FM

Also maybe the left IF also on support and support your right fullback as well?
Well if you want u can try it, its just what it looks like I Would do in theory but I havent checked ur PI´s mate

Tried BBM (S) instead of DLP (D) ?
I find the DLP quite useless in this years FM

Also maybe the left IF also on support and support your right fullback as well?
Well if you want u can try it, its just what it looks like I Would do in theory but I havent checked ur PI´s mate

Hey mate,
I haven't got any pi in there.
I like the dlp on defend duty to provide the double screen in front of the defence. His main job is to move the ball from defence to attack, he won't create much.

The right fullback is on attack to provide width on that side as the if on support cuts in and plays a bit more centrally.

The if on attack left wing is the extra runner attacking space.

like you say in theory there are lots of different options that will work and provide different flavours.

I just felt I'd give my go to tactic for an enjoyable game.

Can we get some screenshot of Gaston Gil Romero and Lucas Romero by any chance?

Cheers

Throw & corner bug included? If so, who takes them?

theres a throw in bug?

short corners are included i think lb takes right and rb takes left, tbh i only added it as i think ppl will add it anyways. im not sure how it works

theres a throw in bug?

short corners are included i think lb takes right and rb takes left, tbh i only added it as i think ppl will add it anyways. im not sure how it works

Yeah, it needs a player with PPM bullet throw to work. Adds a lot of goals to any tactic. Not sure if it works with 1 upfront though.

Yeah, it needs a player with PPM bullet throw to work. Adds a lot of goals to any tactic. Not sure if it works with 1 upfront though.

fair enough, i dont think flannagan would get that he has 10 throwing lol, haidara never had it either. so i dunno. guess you could try it and see how it goes

hey bro think you can upload a version with your normal set-pieces in it for those of us who want to play without the exploits please. Thanks!

<<<

it means i gave it a go only for 5 games, in order to give a better opinion i need to test this tactic in more games and with other teams ;)

aaahhhhhhhh makes sense haha :D

ive used it with loads of teams, it's definitely my favourate tactic for fm15, will probably try using it for 16 aswell when it comes