Hello i am wigan in my 1 st season my team currently is

..............Al Habsi

..Caldwel....Figuero...Alcarez

Boyce......................Beusjeour

....Mcarthy.......Watson

................Gomez

......Moses..........Di santo

I've already sold Diame Piscu Thomas Go huri and stam so i've got 13 million
I've not bought anyone yet please can you give me ideas a bought buying people I would love it if people can
give think of any midfielders

Personally, I would change my formation to a 4-2-2-2, or really any formation with wingers.

Then, I would loan Karim Ait Fana from Montpellier. I got him on loan with my Newcastle save, scores amazing goals and racks up the assists.

For Wigan, I would try to get African Teko Modise. I believe you can get him on a free in the first season. Even if I am mistaken, you can easily ****** him up for under 500k. Absolute gem for the money. Bought him for 230k in my Montpellier save, got an average rating in midfield of 7.20+.

If you don't mind blowing nearly all your money on a midfielder, go for Steven Davis from Rangers. Great player, but will set you back at least 7 million pounds.

Also, try to loan Welbeck. Managed to loan him in a save I am currently running, and atm he has 10 goals in 7 games.

Last edited:
Get Verratti, Bressan they're quite cheap. And oh yeah, play Rodallega, use Sammon as sub.

sangog 120k loan free then sign for free :) r.jenssen 3.3mil. lucas andersen 1.1 mil adam vass 1.1mil. leandro paredes and torstein aase

Agree with tommyd150 get Sanogo on Loan, he's on a free in January window also. get Sime Vrsaljko (WBR) should get him for around 1.4M, Lucas Digne(WBL) should get him for 2M, Badelj (CM) should pay 4-5M first season he's awesome and try Alderweireld (CB) 4M maybe.

sign graham dorrans from west brom mate. i signed him in my 1st season as wigan and he was a beast. play him in the middle of the park as an advanced playmaker!

1st season transfers:

in:
alex pearce Reading 2.5m
jordan rhodes Huddersfield 3.4m
joe ledley Celtic 3.5m
gary hooper Celtic 4.6m
cristian tello Barcelona B loan
karim ait fana Montpeiller 6.5m
ignacio camacho Malaga 1.4m

out:
franco di santo Palermo 3.3m
hendry thomas Swansea 1.8m
hugo rodallega Wolfsburg 5m
ben watson Southampton 2.7m
conor sammon Reading 600k
antolin alcaraz West Brom 2.6m
mike pollitt released
david jones Bristol City 1m
albert crusat Torino 1.2m

did ask the board for some more wage budget with some of that going in to transfer budget, hope this helped a lot mate

i use 4-2-3-1
al-habsi
boyce pearce caldwell figueroa
ledley mccarthy
moses gomez ait fana
hooper​

Last edited:
You're missing out by not playing winges, Crusat at AML was EPLs 2nd highest assist holder for me in season 1, and top in season 2 at 31 y/o. Avoidin relegation was fairly hard but tbh Wigan don't need drastic changes first season, perhaps a fullback. Just be prepared to lose a lot regardless, here's a screenshot mashup from my typical wigan team circa season 1:

SWYJT.jpg

I've since switched to a 4-4-2 with wingers due to my signings obviously yours will be different, but Diame has blossomed, star of my midfield. Only signings I made in S1 were Lucas Digne and Yaya Sanogo, both on loan with agreed fees that were later used.

Some things to ponder