Wigan. Such bad press..

• Thread starter Thread starter W4FC B3N
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2K
I get Alfies point. Forest, West Ham, Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Southampton, Birmingham etc are all bigger clubs, but their playing sides don't currently match their fan levels. Wigan are in the top flight on merit despite various issues that i have with them as a club. Their rugby pitch being my biggest gripe. Watching Arsenal try to play football away at Wigan in late January actually hurts my eyes. They have a good manager, and despite the loss of N'Zogbia, have a talented, if inexperienced squad that at the very least is capable of beating the newly promoted teams to avoiding the drop.

I love Wigan as a club, strangely enough. As long as Rodallega doesn't leave this year I'll make sure I travel up for a few games this season, pretty sure they are the only PL club who have all their tickets on general sale, which is awesome :P Especially when I constantly miss out on Liverpool tickets!

As for the bad press I personally don't understand it, I mean they signed Al-Habsi who was a complete bargain but the only other signing has been Jones, who is laaaaameee! But I'd still say they are a much, much stronger team than Norwich, Swansea, QPR and a few others, and they've got a much better chance of survival this season than they did when two massive clubs (West Brom & Newcastle) came up last year imo.

I do like Wigan, their fans are always pretty passionate about football and my experiences of interacting with them always brought some good discussion. Sure, they're a relatively small club, but they're growing and they've done really well to stay in the Prem. Props to Martinez for staying too.

Just ignore the media, they're mostly all dicks.

Back