Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Reliable

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Use it all the time as a source

Votes: 19 28.4%

• Total voters

Jamie92

Reaction score
I know Wikipedia has got its critics and controversies, but I find myself seeing transfers that happen around a week later, already done on Wikipedia, does anybody else notice this? For instance Jack Hobbs move to Hull on loan that was confirmed on Sky Sports News today, I saw a week ago on Wikipedia...and there have been tens more of cases just like this. So maybe Wikipedia isn't as unreliable as we all think (on football transfers, anyway).

I know Wikipedia has got its critics and controversies, but I find myself seeing transfers that happen around a week later, already done on Wikipedia, does anybody else notice this? For instance Jack Hobbs move to Hull on loan that was confirmed on Sky Sports News today, I saw a week ago on Wikipedia...and there have been tens more of cases just like this. So maybe Wikipedia isn't as unreliable as we all think (on football transfers, anyway).
its incredibly unreliable for football since anyone can edit it.

Last edited:
Wiki is reliable but sometimes some idiots go in and edit the whole thing so people don't trust wiki anymore.
Idiots FTL!

It's DEFINITELY unreliable for stuff like football transfers, without a doubt.

It is reliable for most things as the average edit is taken down in 10 minutes. I wouldnt use it for Football transfers unless there is a reliable citation tho

So does that mean Messi is joining Liverpool? :D

Its reliable for everything other than soccerball

:)

its a good source but its hard to belive everything you read on it as it can be edited by any 1
so it means anything you read may be untrue or embelished

For most topics it has a stigma because it can be changed. The thing is with topics such as sports, its not too reliable as people can edit it and get it wrong or just be stupid about it. However I've found that with academic stuff, it should be reliable simply because people are too idiotic to understand the stuff or even go on that page.

However I did find that Barack Obama was the president of the KKK on the day he became president.. so Wikipedia isn't always right.

just to clarify, if anyone puts up a football transfer story using wikipedia as a source i will close it

Not very. Although I'm using it for league editing purposes, since it's fairly accurate.

just to clarify, if anyone puts up a football transfer story using wikipedia as a source i will close it

I'd ban the twats for being so stupid, tbh.

But that's coming from a wee newbie like me. (A)

It's no longer reliable for anything tbh, since they lost alot of their volunteers and moderators the quality of info has gone down, and the stupid childish edits like replacing certain words with the word '****' (or similar) have increased.

I once searched up Didier Drogba on the wiki and i got:
Didier Drogba is a professional footballer playing for English Premier League team Manchester United and Cote D'Ivoire ....

It's generally a pretty horrid source of information now.

use it all the time for my level 12 and above but use the teams sits aswell

It's as reliable as it's sources.

So unreliable. Anyone who uses it in a Uni essay will get slammed for it, and failed immediately.

Anybody can access it and anyone can edit the info you see. I suppose its ok for random facts and ****, but nothing else.